Accidental kiss

After the first three movies Brian called it a night and slowly everyone else went to bed as well, leaving me alone in the lounge room. I finished watching The Nightmare Before Christmas but still wasn't tired so I surfed through TV channels the best thing on was some documentary, I can't even remember what it was about. My mind wandered onto Brian who I will admit never really left my thoughts to begin with.

"You're still up?" I heard a slightly tired male voice from the door way. I turned to see Brian.
"Uh, yeah. I couldn't sleep" I shrugged.
"I know the feeling" He groaned.
"Well you could join me if you want" I offered
"Sure. Nothing better to do" He responded as he walked over to the couch, I sat up so he had a place to sit.
We sat in silence for about 10 minutes not speaking, our eyes were on the TV but it was obvious that neither of us was interested in the show.
"You can change the channel if you want" I told him.
He looked around for the remote and saw it just as I went to grab it to pass it to him but he reached across me to grab instead. As he went to sit back up his lips brushed mine only the tiniest bit but it made both of us freeze, our eyes connected and Brian reached up to softly hold my face, then to my surprise he put his lips back on mine. BRIAN WAS KISSING ME!
My brain scrambled to make sense of it all, my subconscious stepped in "Kiss him back you fool!" but before I could do anything he pulled away with a shocked, yet somewhat disappointed expression.
"Shit, I don't know what came over me. I am so sorry Riley" He apologized.
"I- It's OK" I whispered.
"No it's not. You're my student and I-" He stressed.
"Brian" I interrupted with a stern voice causing him to look at me "It was an accident, you didn't mean it so you don't need to stress".
"But I feel so bad" He said.
"There's no need" I replied.
"Can we maybe not mention this?" He asked.
"Mention what?" I joked.
"Thanks" He smiled. "But I really am sorry".
"I have no clue what you're apologising for" I carried on the clueless tone.
"You're a great person, Riley. The guy who captures your heart is a really lucky guy" He stated now grinning
"Let's just hope I capture theirs too" I answered. I was looking him right in the eyes when I said it and I felt the biggest urge to kiss him but I shook it off. "I'm going to bed, night" I spoke quickly and left the room almost immediately.