Dad's trial promotion

The smell of bacon and eggs spread around the house so I went to investigate, I found Dad cooking the bacon in a very cheerful mood.
"Morning Dad" I greeted as Luke entered the room.
"Good morning you two. Grab a plate" Dad ordered as he put the bacon onto the last of three plates.
Luke raised a questioning brow at me and I shrugged in response. "What has you so cheerful?" Luke questioned with a big smile. Dad's happiness was rather contagious.
"I got a call from work this morning and I have a trial promotion. It's the job I have always wanted" Dad shared.
"That's great!" I exclaimed.
"If I get the job I'll be raking in almost triple the pay that I get now" Dad announced.
"That's a huge boost! Is it the executive position?" Luke questioned.
"It is" Dad nodded.
"I thought that the executive here decided to stay?" I asked.
"They did, that's the one issue. This job is a few hours away, six to be exact" Dad said.
"Six hours? We'll be moving? What about our friends?" I remarked.
"I know it's far away but you can still see them. Plus that's if I get the job. In the mean time I have my month long trial. The company is only offering me a one bedroom apartment during the trial and if I get the job they'll get me any house I want" Dad informed.
"So we stay here for the month?" Luke asked.
"In the town yes, I'd rather you have supervision until I get home though so I was thinking you could stay at one of your friends places" Dad explained.
"I'll see if I can stay with Sam" Luke nodded.
"I'll make calls and see where I can stay" I said.
So after breakfast that's just what I done. I called the whole group, excluding Matt and even called Jade. Luke was allowed to spend the whole month with Sam but no one could offer me a place for more than a few nights at a time so I'd probably have to work out a roster.
There was a knock on my door and I looked up to see Dad "Find anyone yet?" He questioned as he sat down on my bed.
I shook my head "Not entirely. I've contacted the main group and Jade, none of them can have me stay the whole time but I can swap between houses".
"What about Brian?" Dad asked.
"You wouldn't mind?" I beamed.
"Why would I?" He laughed slightly.
"Well you're still getting used to Brian and I being together. I was worried that you would think we were becoming too serious" I shrugged.
"Brian is a good guy, I trust that he'll take care of you. I think that the two of you will make the right decisions and be safe when the time comes" He responded.
"When the time comes we'll be sure to use protection" I promised.
"Good, well I do believe you have a call to make" Dad commented.
Just then I received a text. It was Brian: Meet me at the Lake by the entrance to the forest in 10 minutes. We're having a picnic!
"A call isn't needed, I just got informed that Brian and I are having lunch together. Care to give me a lift to the lake?" I asked Dad.
"Certainly" Dad responded.
I quickly sent Brian a text saying: On my way, Dad is dropping me off.