Silver linings

Dad dropped me off at the lake and as I walked towards the forest entrance I had to pass the skate park where I noticed Matt was hanging out with some of his friends. I pulled my hood up over my head and looked at the ground as I increased my pace, hoping he hadn't seen me. The last thing I wanted was for him to notice me.
I reached the forest but couldn't see Brian which was understandable as it could still be seen rather easily from the walking track so I continued on. I got pulled into a clump of trees making me screech with surprise right before Brian's lips met my own in a loving kiss.
"Are you fucking kidding me?!" We heard someone shout behind us. Startled we both turned around to see Matt standing there with his mouth wide open. "Brian is the guy you love?!" He was pretty angry.
"What are you doing here?" I demanded.
"I saw you walking by yourself so I followed you to see if you wanted to come hang out with the guys and I". But I see you already have plans" He stated.
"Please don't tell anyone, let us explain" Brian pleaded.
"No, I'm done hearing explanations for things that are clear to see. The only thing to say here is that I was wrong about both of you. I thought you were above school girl crushes Riley, and Mr Raux I thought it was great how you ignored all the interest the girls showed in you" Matt shook his head.
"Please Matt it isn't what you think" I said.
"It's exactly what I think! I hope your happy Riley. You're lucky I care about you otherwise I'd take this to the school council but I want you to be happy. Even if it is wrong" Matt sighed and he walked away, head hung low.
"Matt!" I called out after him but he didn't turn around so I went to go after him but Brian grabbed my hand.
"Leave him be" Brian said. I turned to hug him and nodded into his chest.
Even with Matt catching us the picnic was very nice and enjoyable. There was just something about being with Brian that made me cheerful even when things were going badly. He made my troubles fade away.
"There's something important I need to ask you" I informed.
"Oh?" Brian simply asked.
"Dad has a trial promotion next week. He's going to be out of town for a month and wants us to stay with somebody so I was wondering if I could spend it with you?" I questioned.
"If it's alright with your Dad then it's fine with me. I'd love to have you stay" Brian agreed joyfully.
"He is the one who suggested that I ask you" I smiled.