He's in to you

Luke and I had to detour to our lockers but Brian proceeded to the detention room as usual.

"Brian sounded really hopeful to me" Luke noted with a grin.
"I didn't notice" I lied and gave a shrug.
"Oh come on Ri, he is totally into you!" Luke exclaimed.
"No he's not. You heard him he said he didn't like anyone" I replied Luke just looked at me as if to say 'well so did you'. I sighed and continued "Even if he did like someone it wouldn't be me. If he found out about me liking him he'd think of me of nothing but a pathetic teenaged girl with another school girl crush".
"But you're special Ri, things that apply to others don't apply to you" He argued.
"Special or not it's still illegal and Brian is smart enough not to get emotions for a student" I said.
"Well I still think its fate and somehow you two will be together. I know it, he cares for you and not just as a student or friend" Luke declared.
"You're wrong" I told him as I shut my locker door and walked away. Luke planting this false hope in my mind was not helping me trying to make my feelings for Brian go away.
He jogged to catch up. "But what if Brian's feelings for you began the same time as your feelings for him did. What if he was in love with the stranger who kissed him at the mall in Chelton. He could have been dreaming about you too"
"If he remembered that he would have mentioned it by now" I shook my head.
"You haven't" He smirked.
I stopped in my tracks since we were almost at the detention room "In case you have forgotten I'm trying to stop my feelings for Brian, and you're not helping one bit by saying all this" I reminded.
"You kissed a stranger and for two years you dreamt about it every night. He is your dream guy and you'll never be able to get over him. You don't just have some crush on him, Riley. You are in love with Brian and I'm certain that he loves you too" He pressed.
"You're right" I admitted. He gave a little cheer "about all of it except for Brian loving me".
"Oh please I'm right about ALL of it. You're just too scared to admit it" He grinned. Maybe, just maybe, he was right.
"The group is spending tomorrow night at Jades" Kate announced as soon as we entered the room.
"Awesome, we're due for another sleepover" I said.
"A sleepover with all of you plus Jade and I'm not invited?" Brian pouted.
"Maybe if you still had coloured hair we'd allow it" Elise Joked.
"Brian's boring blonde hair doesn't like you either, Elise" Sam replied.
"Thank you Sam" Brian laughed.