45. Mending Mission (Epilogue)

Harry Edward Styles

"You're done for the day?" I ask.

"Yeah, I just want to go home and sleep now. I couldn't sleep last night because of an assignment due today." He replied.

"How was your day at work?" He asks me.

"The usual. Just need to do work on a promotion that's coming up for a few of us."

"Promotion? You better work this one out Harry, this is an opportunity for you." He told me. "I will, but it's not in my hands, Louis." I tell him.

"That's an excuse and when you need to get a promotion, excuses don't work." He tells me.

"How's the weather in California?" I changed the topic, He chuckled. "It's very different than that in London. The sun shines throughout the day though it gets a little chilly in the evenings." He replies.

"What's your plans for the evening?" He asked.

"I'm waiting for Dani to join me at the park."

"You never find a better place for a date? Try the movies or a restaurant or even an amusement park but no, you choose a park." I missed his comments like these. "Well, she likes coming to the park." I tell him.

"Please tell me you aren't going to feed the ducks." I saw Dani walk towards me. "We were going to." I reply.

"Your romance is a bit cheesy." He pretends to gag. "Different people have their way of romancing." I tell him.

"Whatever you say, Harry." He gave in. "I'll call you later then." He tells me. "Yeah, go get some rest." I tell him.

"Sure! Bye Harold!"

"Bye Tommo." And with that the call ended.

"I'm sorry you had to wait." I turn to my girlfriend who was patiently sitting beside me on the bench. "You don't need to apologise. You know I have no issues when it comes to you talking to Louis." She smiles

"I know but I don't want you think that I'm ignoring you or anything."

"You're not ignoring me, I know it with all my heart but sometimes I get jealous with the relationship you two share." She looks at me. "I've never had a friend like how you have Louis."

"We're friends." I cup her face in my hands. "I know that but I'm just saying that you're lucky to have him as your mate." She says.

"And I'm beyond lucky to have you as my girlfriend. You have no idea how much I love you." I tell her. "I'm sure I love you more than you do." I lean my forehead against hers, "I'm not going to argue on that." I whisper and place a kiss on her nose.

She kept her head on my shoulder, I put my around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me and together we watched the sun set.

It's been almost a year since Louis left from here. Life is just not the same without him.

Weekends without him living down the same street as I live is strange because Friday and Saturday were two days where we stayed up with beer bottles, popcorns, movies and FIFA. You cannot enjoy that alone.

From what I've heard from Louis, California is treating him well. He's got a small apartment for himself near the campus and he's enjoying his time as a pastime lecturer for the undergraduates. That's what happens during the week but on weekends, he collapses.

It's going to take time but I hope he doesn't end up loving that place and never turn this side.

Callie got back from Ireland after two months, after Evan's baptism she wanted to stay but she had to join Liam and Sophia. All of us got to know that Jacob and Kylie got a baby girl, the baby was adorable. (Let the baby know nothing of what her father did.)

Dani has noticed some change in her, she's calm and keeping herself busy with work. She tends to travel a lot since Sophia is expecting a baby soon.

We met up one evening and we apologised to each other for our strange and stupid reactions. She told me she wasn't mad at me anymore and that we're back to what we were. Since we were in the cool, I asked her about Louis.

Honestly I wasn't expecting an answer from her, nor did I get an answer from her, but eyes never lie. I saw a change, a change that brought slight hope in my heart. She wasn't going to talk to him anytime now because that's how they are.

I told nothing about this Louis but I very much mentioned it to my precious girlfriend.

We've made it our mission, to mend this relationship.

---
Okay, I'm going to cry right now... This book has come to an end with an extremely short epilogue. Probably one of the worst parts I have written for this book.

Before anything... Happy birthday Boobear! You just make my day with that million dollar smile. Forget the rumours, in my world, you're perfect and whether 24 or 42 you will always be my favourite.

Secondly, This book (The Wedding Breakers) is my Christmas gift to you, my amazing readers. I know there's almost a day for Christmas but what better day could there be other than the day the main character celebrates his birthday.

Congratulations to Jacob and Kylie on having their baby girl!

Congratulations to Liam and Sophia too! I can't wait to have a new addition into the family.

And Louis and Callie... Well that's still a mystery...

But we have Harry and Dani who want to mend it- Hold on a minute who is going to write that. I'm telling you, Harry and Dani are just going to increase my work!

Comment, Vote and Share!
~Sapphire Castle