38. Nervous and Second Thoughts

Calliope Jane Edwards

Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

I turned to face the wall and tried to catch my sleep again but that sound never ended. Who could possibly want to ruin my night sleep with this sound!?

Out of frustration, I turn again to face my balcony door. I opened my eyes to see a silhouette of a person. Who could it be?

A thief maybe.

A murder?

Oh no! This is not good. Maybe one of the reasons why my mother didn't want me to have this room, just because of that balcony of mine.

Thud Thud Thud.

The figure knocked on the glass of the balcony door again. I wanted it to end so bad, I really want to get back into my sleep. I slowly got out of my bed and walked to my chest of drawers to take a candle stick in hand, for defense.

I slowly walked to the door, trying not to make any noise. I placed my hand on the door handle through the curtain and open the door with the candlestick ready to hit whoever was standing there. Even before it could reach the head, a hand caught my wrist.

"Leave my hand!" I yell as I struggle to release my hand from the grip.

"Shush Callie, it's just me!" I heard his voice. "Louis?" I look up to his face.

"Yeah." He let go of my hand. "What are doing here in the middle of the night?" I ask him. "Can I answer that once you let me in?" he asked me.

"No, first tell me and then I'll think about it." I cross my arms over my chest. "Callie, It's freezing out here, you wouldn't want me frozen." He asked as he pulled me close to him.

"I-I uh"

"Callie!" I heard my mum yell.

Oh I'm in big trouble if mum saw Louis here at this hour!

"Louis, just hide in my closet for a minute." I quickly tell him.

"See, I knew you would let me in." He smirked.

"Will you stop wasting time and just hide in there?!" I tell him as I close the balcony door and push him into my closet and closed the door, just in time to have my mother open my bedroom door.

"Callie, are you alright?" She asked me, looking very worried. "I'm fine mum. I just went to pee. It's pretty cold tonight." I say.

"Are you sure? You didn't seem to be very fine today after you came back." Mum asked me again.

"I'm fine mum. Go back to sleep. I'll see you in the morning." I tell her. She nods her head and turns to the door. She looked at me again before she closed the door. I let out a sigh of relief and opened my closet door to let my midnight visitor out of it.

"That took a while." He chuckled as he got out.

"Oh shut up. Tell me, why are you here?" I look with a serious face at him. "Don't get mad Callie but I heard you had a bad day." He justified his reason for coming.

"I had a bad day, I was sleeping it off but you disturbed that." I reply as I walked to my bed and sat on it. Lie, because if I was sleeping it off then I wouldn't have heard Louis knocking on the door.

"You and I know that you're lying." He sighs and sat next to me.

"That fear is back. The fear that you and Harry worked on so that I could stand up strong." I look up to his face. "The stares, the talks. I mean I just walked in there and I feel that they are against me." I continue to say.