Chapter 11 - That Kiss

Start from the beginning

"No..... nothing unusual.... You tried to summon your broom but the spell didn't work, that was why I drove you home..." He chuckled.

"Stefan!"

"I told you the truth.... Why do you think something had happened last night? Do you remember anything?"

"No... nothing...." She looked down and her cheeks blushed slightly. "Thank you for taking care of me though..." she said. Secretly she was in awe of how gentlemanly he was toward her. Last night and now, he didn't try to sound smug or embarrass her. He was in fact left her dignity intact and chose to keep his mouth shut instead. She was impressed by how well he had covered things up from her.

"You are welcome."he nodded.

"So, why are you here?" her face changed, from being shy to business look.

"Nothing.... I just want to see how you're doing."

"Ah...." She nodded. "I am fine, thank you."

"Good... good to know.... " He smiled again, back on sipping his coffee, trying to distract himself from going around the desk, pushed her down on it and kissed her senselessly.

He couldn't forget about last night. Of course he couldn't. Her warm body pressed against his and her soft lips crushed his passionately, the way her hands rubbed the back of his neck and the sound of her moaning.... Stefan was in a dream land and he just wanted to go back there as soon as he could.

Gosh, what was wrong with him? He looked blank for second there. Kara thought.

She wished she could read his mind and get over with. He looked suspicious, but she couldn't point her finger at anything.

She was anticipating that he would ask about the research but he didn't.

Kara knew that Stefan saw the paperwork on her bedside last night. Why he didn't take it back with him was beyond her understanding.

Kara tilted her head to the side, staring sharply into his eyes. She wanted so much to ask him his reason for not taking back what was his but she couldn't.

"You know, if you ever want to talk, I am only a phone call away." He opened his mouth, trying to get her to open up about her problem but she denied.

"Talk? Talk about what?" Kara frowned.

"Anything..." Stefan shrugged, didn't want to press the matter further. He knew this one stubborn woman couldn't be pushed too hard or she would put the wall up and he wouldn't be able to have conversations with her any longer.

He would try different way to make her talk, after all he promised that he would treat her better and from what she told him last night he wanted to help her carry her burden. She wasn't as evil as he imagined. Last night admission was an eye opening for him. He felt sorry for her instead.

She had no friends and no family that she could trust.

He had his grandpa, his parents, his brother and his sister. He had many friends that would come over and help as soon as he called them.

What about Kara? She was alone, even her grandpa didn't support and love her. Stefan found it sad and depressing.

He wanted to help her or at least be there for her when she needed someone to talk to.

Well, if he could stand the bitch side of her....

"I tell you what?" She stood up and walked toward her filling cabinet, opening a drawer and pulled out a thick folder before walking back to lean on her desk, right in front of him. "I know I am a witch and I am nasty and evil and selfish and all those sort of names that you had been calling me with for the last six months, but I know when I owe someone. I'll give you a new project to do. This is promising. My people in Singapore gave me the proposal last week and I already checked the profit margin. I want you to take it." She gave him the folder.

As much as he wanted to jump up and down in joy but Stefan placed the folder on his laps without opening it, "if you want to thank me, why don't you just return my research?" he asked.

Kara sighed. "Now... now... Stefan, don't push it." she shook her head. "Take that project Stefan. It's big. I want AngeloGen to have more profit than mine. After all it's my company too, isn't it?"

"Fine." He groaned, totally understood the meaning behind her words.

It looked like she showed him her gratitude but after all it was just one selfish move for her own benefit, not his.

Why didn't he know about it? Stefan Slapped himself mentally. The decision to leave the research also stupid, he just realized that.

He knew the research was originally his and taking it back couldn't be call stealing but he didn't want to take advantage of a drunken woman, it was just not his style and after he saw the good in Kara, he wanted to talk her out, made her return the research voluntarily instead of stealing it but seemed that it wouldn't work.

This woman!

Stefan held himself for not lashing at her about last night. Embarrass her about her cry and how disgraceful she was toward him. How hungry her kiss and touches. Those were a blackmail material and he was tempted to use it. In fact he still had Tim following her every move and Stefan was sure Tim had the photos to be presented to him in the next few days.

Would he put himself that low, blackmailing a girl? That was the question.

***