Mutual feelings

"RILEY!?" Brian called out causing me to drop the razor into the undergrowth. SHIT! I searched around for it and just as I found it Brian grabbed hold of my left arm making me wince at the pain. He obviously felt the blood because he released the pressure and turned my wrist over to inspect it. Immediately growing concerned "Why would you do this?" He demanded
"Why wouldn't I? I'm pathetic" I answered and pulled my arm away.
"No you're not" He disagreed as he pulled me into an embrace, not caring that my blood was staining his top.
"Shakira's right, my mum would be disappointed I'm worthless" I sobbed into his chest
"Shakira is not right, you're amazing Riley and one of the best people I've ever met. Your mother would be so proud of you, she'd think you're beautiful, brave, funny, loyal, and all round amazing" Brian said admiringly.
"What makes you say that?" I scoffed.
"Because" he used a hand to tilt my head up so I was looking him in the eyes before he continued "It's how I feel about you" He whispered as he closed the space between us and began to kiss me softly and tenderly.
I was so stunned that I froze, not even kissing back. He stopped and pulled back slightly to study my face his lips set in a thin line after a moment he sighed and started to move back.
I couldn't let him go again without me kissing him back so I threw my arms around his neck and pulled his face back to mine kissing him softly. He smiled into it and kissed back almost instantly, slowly we deepened the kiss it had become fiery passion yet still tender and loving.
"Mr Raux! Riley!" We heard a male calling out. It was Matt.
"We should go" I sighed.
"Probably" Brian agreed as he stood and helped me to my feet before calling out a reply to Matt "We're over here!"
I tried to walk but couldn't put much pressure on my ankle so Brian offered to let me lean on him we slowly headed toward the place Matts voice had come from, he walked into view and took one look at us and ran to my aid.
With the both of them either side of me they practically carried me back to the trail where the group was waiting for our return. Shakira was the first to spot us "I see you're still alive" Shakira hissed under her breathe.
When he seen us Tom grew concerned right away "What happened?" He asked as he rushed to us. We explained quickly and he nodded. "Can someone take Riley back to camp and to the nurse's office?"
"I will" Matt volunteered.
"I'd rather no other students missed out on the hike, would you mind escorting them while I took Riley back?" Brian asked. Tom agreed and went back to the group,they started off again while Brian and I headed slowly for camp.
When the group was far enough away Brian picked me up bridal style causing me to shriek in surprise but it allowed us to cover ground much quicker, as if I was as light as a feather.
"Can you give me a piggy back?" I pleaded in a childish tone.
"Really?" He asked.
"Pwease!" I pouted.
"Fine" he laughed.
"YAY!" I cheered.
"You're so adorable" He shook his head while smiling.
He set me down on a tree stump so I could get onto his back, I held on and tucked my face into his neck.
"I hope someone is in the first aid room" Brian said.
"What? No!" I protested.
"But you need medical attention" He said.
"Please Brian, I'm fine. My ankle is only rolled and admittedly I have done a lot worse than this" I told him holding my wrist out for him to see.
"OK, have it your way, I'll just have to play doctor" he said.
"Now that I wouldn't mind" I giggled.