Chapter 39

If you haven't added me on Snapchat, add me itsLydiXO to see the random shít i get up to now that I am more active on it bc wifi. I'll add you if you add me! :)

***

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

- Mahatma Ghandi.

¤ ¤ ¤

ALISON'S POV

"This is my business Edward! I know what's right!"

"Do you really?" I mumbled and my mother glares at me. "Excuse me?!" "Because it seems like you just know every bloody thing. You are so perfect! You have never made mistakes in your life. Guess what mother? You just like me. Your mother never liked dad until he died yet you still carried on without her blessing."

"Okay, Alison. That's enough." Edward cuts in and the whole room goes silent. "Can I just say something?" Zayn says and I tug on his hand, signaling for him to say nothing.

This can go two ways.

One - He might just make things worse or two - actually make things right.

All I am hoping it goes in a good way because Zayn can get very snappy in a matter of seconds.

"Because I think I kept my mouth shut for a very long time and I think it's time for everyone to hear what I have to say." He says sternly and I pierced my lips together. Edward gestures for him to go ahead.

"You all know that I haven't been the best figure for Alison and I am aware of that. I have done things that are unforgivable and things that just can't be forgotten but I am trying to fix what I have done. It can't be fixed but I am trying to be a better person. Yes, you can't change but I know who I am and I am not that guy who had no morals or respect at all.

That person is long gone and I want to start fresh. I have let everyone down - My family, Alison, Edward, Lisa and let's not forget Thomas. Now I am trying to be better for everyone but now I just had it till here with you Lisa." Zayn raises his hand above his head and his tone deadly.

"I told Alison when she told you and Edward about our decision that I don't need your approval because I have accepted the fact that you will never like me but I just want to tell you something. Alison is my family. She has been accepted by my family with open arms. I think they love her more than I do actually.

Because Alison is my family, her own family is automatically mine. You all mean as much as Alison does because I know that she cares about mine. As much as you hate me Lisa, I would put my life in danger just to make sure you are safe. That surely means a lot. Everyone standing in this room, I would do the same for them.

All mothers want their daughter to be happy but you not letting your daughter be happy. She told me that you had a close relationship with her but now things aren't the same because of me. I don't want to stand in the way of that because it's clear how people just leave you so fast. Everyone in her life, she needs to cherish daily because anything can happen that's why I cherish her so much." He explain, taking my hand in his.

"This girl is my everything and no one understands how grateful I am for her because you don't get girls who have the same morals as her. Last night, she proved once again that she cares about me because she was there when I needed her the most. Cam't you see that Alison is still the same girl as she was before?