Chapter 16

"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

- Nido Qubein.

¤¤¤

ALISON'S POV

'Good luck for today. Just stay calm and see what Zayn wants :)'

I quickly texted Nicole back to say thanks. Today I am going to the midwife appointment.

With my ex boyfriend.

I am quite nervous because Zayn will be there and today is the day where I have to tell my decision to the midwife.

My decision was probably one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make in my life but I belive that is will be a good decision for now.

"Morning." My best friend lightly smiled at me "Morning Clare." She passed me a cup of tea "Thanks." "Isn't today your appointment with the midwife?"

"Yeah." "Can I come with please?"

Zayn and Clare = Disaster.

"Uh I am sorry but I you can't."

This time I am not going lie to her. I have lied to her enough.

"Aww. I wanted to see mini Alison." She pouted.

Clare don't make this harder than it is already.

"You can't come because the midwife wants me to bring the father with." She placed her cup on counter top and squinted her eyes "Oh. Is he seriously going to be there? He kicked you out when he found out that you pregnant Alison!"

"Yes but-" "But what?!" She scowled "Zayn doesn't deserve to be there. You should know better Alison!"

"He is really concerned about the baby. I should at least give him a chance. As much as he doesn't deserve it, he does have a small say about the child because he is the father."

"Bullshit!" "Clare!" "Do what you want Alison." She stormed out of the kitchen and her bedroom door banged when she went in there.

I understand that Clare is still holding on what Zayn did in the beginning. I haven't really forgotten him but I am trying to allow him in again.

Yes, I still care about Zayn as much as I did when we together.

Zayn at least is trying to show that he cares about the child and wants to have a say. I still haven't wrapped my head around it but I have to.

I am not on his side but I've tried to let go of him but that wasn't successful. Same for Zayn.
Clare will come around. Just not now.

My phone vibrated against the counter top simultaneously and I looked down go see Zayn's picture flashing across the screen.

Speaking of the devil.

"Hi Alison." He greeted first "Hi." "I wanted to ask if you wanted a ride to the hospital." "Thanks but I am fine. I'll meet you at there Zayn."

"Alright. Can you text me the address?" "Sure."

Then he said something that I wanted him to verbally say.

"Alison, thank you. It means a lot." "No problem I guess. I will see you later." "Yeah bye." He hanged up and I pierced my lips together.

I hope that I made the right decision.