Chapter 38

"Try to be like a turtle - at ease in your own shell."

- Bill Copeland.

¤ ¤ ¤

ALISON'S POV

I am glad that he confided in me last night. He really needed someone to be there for him because I know it would have bothered him more being all alone last night. Even though it was hard talking about it, he definitely felt so much better than he did throughout the day.

It actually made me miss my dad. I know how much pain it was losing someone so close to you and if you bottle it all up, it will eat you alive.

I know how sick is Zayn hearing how people feel sorry for him and same for me but I do really feel sorry for him. After what he told me, I wished that his grandfather would be here today because I would have been thrilled meeting him.

Hopefully one day, he will be able to tell me stories about him because I really want to know more about him.

Today is definitely going to be a normal day. He has gotten twelve hours of sleep and it's a new day. Today is also the day we will be going to Edward to talk things out. I just hope I won't regret it because I just want to carry on with my life.

As for my mother, I really don't care about her stubbornness however I will admit that I am missing her just a little bit.

Awakening from my deep slumber, I turned around to see Zayn facing me - fast asleep.

I am glad that he got his proper sleep so he will be able to be active today and finally be himself. Sliding slowly out of bed, I took my phone off the side table and went into the kitchen to make breakfast.

He needs a proper breakfast so I decided to make his favorite - blueberry pancakes.

Just as I was about to get all the ingredients, my phone started to vibrate continuously and I grabbed it, answering the phone call from my best friend. "Good morning sleepy head!"

"Good morning Clare." I chuckled, trying to balance my phone against my shoulder while taking out the ingredients.

"How was last night?" "I am glad that I left with him. He just needed someone and I know that today he will be himself."

"That's good. Everyone was talking about him once you two left. They kept asking 'what is up with Zayn?' and 'I hope they not having problems again'. Sam shut everyone up by saying that he is stressed and that tomorrow he will be fine."

"And I have questions to ask you Missy. What's up the change of mind?" "I'll talk about it in lunch break." She brushes it off. "You better be. I am shocked. Even Zayn is shocked." Clare chuckles and I start mixing the ingredients in a bowl.

"I know you two would be. I also wanted to call to ask if I should make breakfast, I am making waffles."

"No thanks. I am making breakfast for Zayn and me now. I'll be home just under nine so I will be late for work so cover for me."

"Why should I cover for you?" She challenges me and I sighed in annoyance.

Does she have to start this right now?