Chapter 29

Oh I forgot to mention this in the previous chapter but uh guys we only have about 12 chapters left :(

Eid-Mubarak to y'all Muslim readers :) X

***

"A sense of humour is sense of proportion."

- Kahli Gilbran.

¤¤¤

ALISON'S POV

"It was so much fun and he is so hot. I am living the dream." Clare babbles about her evening out with Sam.

"You don't want to listen to me but whatever. Your loss." I roll my eyes playfully "We are just friends. He said we can date whoever we want."

"Oh really?" I laugh "Now I don't believe that." She rolls her eyes playfully "How was your evening out with your mystery guy?"

"It was very nice and we are just friends."

For now, yes.

"Tonight I am going out again." "Ooh. Can I at least get this friends' name?"

Make up something Alison!

"I am just seeing our friend, Nathan." "Nathan?" She gape "Nathan Fordell? That insanely hot guy from the third floor?" I nod slowly.

I better give Nathan a warning.

"You go girl!" Clare cheers and I snort "We just friends." "A hot and single friend." "Yeah, that's not happening. I can't just jump back into a relationship anyway. I just got out of one."

"It was a toxic relationship anyway and it's time to get over that díck so why not?"

Once again she bad mouths!

"It wasn't a toxic relationship besides I am still getting on my feet." Clare rolls her eyes "I know you still have feelings towards him but it's not like you loved him."

Jokes on you, I am certain I do.

"Yeah, but he was better than Daniel. Admit it." She sighs in defeat "Yes, he was I guess."

Much better.

"Do you think he loved you?" She asks.

He loves me now and that is all that matters.

"Hard to say. He never said anything but like you said, we not together so does it matter?" I shrug "Not anymore. I am going to visit my mum. Are you going to tag along?"

"Yeah. I have some business to take care at the house. You're driving?" She nods "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"I am going to spend the night in because Sam is going to Zayn's show and I am not going to support a guy who fucķed up my sister's life."

The more she badmouth about him the more I want to say something because it's really getting on my nerves.

"Can we just talk about something else?" I murmur "Yeah, the big mistake you made in your life by letting him in."

The best mistake I ever made.

"Stop it! God, it's pissíng me off how you keep badmouthing him! You hardly know him and to judge what he did to me, doesn't give you the right to do it. Remember how you use to swoon about how perfect he is for me? What happened to that?" Clare pierces her lips together, shocked by my outburst.