Chapter 17

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."

- Dalai Lama.

¤¤¤

ALISON'S POV

Clare hasn't spoken to me for the whole week like I expected. She only speaks when she needs to but I believe that she is taking time to think about what I have said.

The dinner with my mother yesterday was a disaster. I was so close to confessing the real reason why Zayn and I have broken up.

"So I have questions." Mum said, taking a bite out her salmon that she has ordered.

This is not good.

"And they are?" "This thing with Zayn. I don't really understand both of you. You have broken up with him but here you going tomorrow with him for the weekend."

"That doesn't sound like you have broken up with him Alison. Why did you even break up with him? You never told me, Edward or anyone else." I forced myself to swallow the chicken that is in my mouth.

"Mum, we just had a massive argument and it was quite serious." "So you just sorting things out?" "Something like that."
"Don't get me wrong but you haven't been with him for a couple of weeks. What really got in between both of you? I have noticed that you also avoiding me."

"I am not avoiding you! I have really busy mother. What happened between Zayn and I doesn't really concern you." I said sternly.

"Are you pregnant?" "What?" I gaped "Are you pregnant Alison?" She repeated, looking at me dead in the eye.

"No! Why would think that?!"

Yes. I am mother.

"Why would you even bring it up? I won't do that to myself. Not now." I seethed.

But you are Alison.

"Okay. I am sorry." "This discussion is over." I stood up from the table "Alison I-" "Listen to me. You don't have to know Zayn and I's problems. Whatever came between us, I can sort out myself. You need to stop with these false assumptions you continuationsly make."

With that being said, I walked out of the restaurant.

I will admit, that I really overreacted but I am really surprised that I 'stood up' for myself. I did it to Zayn, Clare and now my mother.

That is the only thing I will praise pregnancy for.

Here my mother is probably upset by my outburst which she did pick at the right spot. I am guilty for what I have done which I did text my mum apologizing for my actions.

When I get back from Bradford, I will go back home and speak things out.

Bradford.

Today I am going with Zayn for the weekend and I think it will be a crazy weekend.

Zayn and I have texted over these past two days but it was questions I was asking to fill in my empty knowledge of Eid which is actually called Eid-Mubarak.

This visit is probably going to be worst than the last because of all the festive activities that will take place, the food and a overcrowded house.

I am a little bit nervous about it but Zayn says there nothing to worry about. As long as some of the family members I met during the last visit knows me, it's just fine except there is probably going to be two dozens of Zayn's father side of the family coming.