Chapter 13

"Ninety per cent of the art of living consists of getting on with people you can't stand."

- Samuel Goldwyn.

¤¤¤

ALISON'S POV

"Clare! I need your help!" I shouted out from my room.

I had about thirty minutes to get ready for the engagement party of Andy and Whitney and I was struggling to find something to wear even though it is a restaurant we going to.

Yes, a whole group of us are going to a restaurant at ten-thirty for a late night dessert.

Andy was right about this week being a good week. Monday - Clare and I met up with Stella for dinner and Tuesday I spent the evening at Scott and Kenny just to hang out.

Tonight I am going alone because no one knows about Whitney and Andy besides mum and Zayn. There is no way I am inviting Zayn tonight.

"Coming there now!" She shouted from the kitchen. Clare was making herself some tea before she goes to bed which is a habit of hers.

Clare entered my bedroom and I sat down "Pick a outfit for me to wear to a restaurant." "I am surprised you going out this late at night." "Remember I told you I am going to a engagement party and they only arriving at eleven."

"Oh yeah." She chuckled and looked at my closet that is open "Mmm. This sweater and-" Clare handed me a black long sleeve v-neck sweater.

"And this-" She handed me a floral high waisted skirt "Obviously black heels and a necklace."

"Thank you." I smiled at her "It's comfortable and it's not too tight for the baby because you can't wear tight clothes."

"Yeah. Thanks." Clare remained in her spot, not moving at all "Need anything?" "Not really. I am just wondering how your tummy looks like." I chuckled.

"Clare, you know there isn't really much to see." "I want to see though." I pulled my sweater up and she came closer to have a better look. A grin appeared on her lips.

"Hello baby." She cooed, poking my stomach. I giggled at her silliness "Clare!" "What? There is a baby growing in there. You can't see much but there is a tiny baby bump."

"Yeah. Not too long till it really becomes big." "I still can't wrap my mind around that you actually pregnant before me at this age."

Clare belived that she will be first one to be pregnant before me but that no longer stands because I am pregnant.

Five weeks.

Time is really going quick and next week is when I need to tell the midwife my decision. Over these past couple of days, my decision is becoming more difficult and I am becoming more confused than I was before.

"I can't either." I breathed out "Can I go to your next appointment? I want to see the whole process of visiting a midwife."

"I will see but I am sure there will be no problem with you tagging along." She nodded and put her hand on my bare stomach "Aww why is it not kicking?" I started laughing.

"Clare it only starts kicking at like twenty weeks. I am only five!" "Time flies so fast. Anyway you get dressed because you need to leave soon."

Clare left the room and I got dressed into the outfit Clare advised me to wear and applied my makeup.

I put on the silver diamond necklace my grandmother gave me and I was ready to go. Grabbing my clutch from the bed, I left my room and poked my head out into the living room.