Chapter 35

"Happiness is a by-product of thinking, feeling and acting in a positive manner."

- Unknown.

¤ ¤ ¤

ALISON'S POV

"What did you guys even do over the weekend?" My best friend asks, taking a bite out of her crepes I made for breakfast.

"Spend time together Clare. We missed a lot out while we weren't together so we made that time up." "Yeah. I get that but did you go exploring, party, drink. You know what I mean?" I chuckled and placed all the remaining ingredients back in the fridge.

"The Friday we went down to Brighton. We didn't do much really there because I got there late so we ate McDonalds on the pier which was cool, dipped our feet in the sea but the place we were staying at was the worst ever.

I had to take a shower in cold water, there is house spiders and the beds squeak. Adding the cherry on the top, there was couple that decided to attend to some needs so we could hear everything."

"Oh god." She chuckled, taking a sip of her coffee. "What next? I am finding this quite interesting." "The next day when we were leaving for the next stop, we by coincidence bumped into them and a scene was caused."

"Of course! I would do the same. They could have did it somewhere else." Clare scoffs and I nod in agreement. "After that we made our way to Liverpool."

"So long?! That's crazy!" She gaped, dropping her fork on her plate. "But it was fun and worth it. The ride was quick because of the time we spent together and the random conversations we had." I grinned, eating a piece of my crepes.

"What did you guys do in Liverpool anyway?" "We just chilled for a few hours-"

I skip the details of our emotional confiding which is a private matter between Zayn and I.

"-until we decided to have a night out. Zayn found this party but when we arrived, we weren't dressed for it and it was invite only."

"What do you mean "you weren't dressed for it" ?" "It was a themed party. Fifties to be exact." "I always wanted to attend those types of parties! I heard they are crazy!" Clare gushes and I chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"How did you get in if it was a invite only?" "By mistake this couple bumped into us and they were looking for the party so Zayn played dumb by saying it's the other side of town. Not to forget to take their names."

"Oh I know where this is going! You both gate crashed under a fake identity, didn't you?!" I nodded in her correct conclusion. "Yeah. I wasn't happy at first but I eventually ignored the fact. It was so much fun."

"How was is it?" "Fantastic. The atmosphere was crazy but everyone was enjoying their time. As for Zayn and I, we had a couple of drinks, danced and there was a karaoke session so we sang together.

While we were dancing, the people we bumped into, arrived back at the party so we made a run for it. They were running after us but we made it out safely." Clare laughs before taking a sip of her coffee.

"So bad ass. What did you do next?" "We just went back to the hotel and had a drink at the bar. After that, we just went to bed."

I will skip the whole heated moment too.

"No funny business?" She asks, her tone stern. "No Clare. I can't and I won't anytime soon. I am physically and emotionally recovering so no."

"Good. Sunday?" "Sunday we drove up to Bradford and had lunch with the whole family. That's all for our weekend away." "Sounds very nice." I nodded and my phone vibrated against the counter top.