Chapter 21

"Trust is like a STICKER. Once it is removed, it may stick again, but NOT as strong as it holds when you first applied it."

- Unknown.

¤¤¤

ALISON'S POV

"Good morning Alison." "Good morning to you too Zayn." I greeted back, a full smile on my face.

"Why are you calling if I may ask?" "Well I wanted to ask if you are busy tomorrow evening." "Nothing yet has come up yet so I am free."

Clare frowned at me while walking down the street to work and I just rolled my eyes.

"Okay good. I wanted to take you out only if that's fine with you." "Sure. I'd like that." A smiled appeared on my face again.

I am so giddy right now I swear I can be a high school girl.

"Great. That's settled then." "Where are you taking me?" "Now that I can't tell you but I can tell you that you can wear anything." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

He is so secretive with every bloody thing.

"Fine. Be like that." "Don't worry too much. Trust me it's something very fun." "Your fun and my fun is a huge difference." He chuckled.

"I would say it's something in between your fun and my fun. Rest assured." "Okay fine then. Listen I am actually approaching work and there are people listening to our conversation so I'll see you tomorrow alright?"

Clare chuckled, shaking her head next to me and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I see. Alright till then. I'll pick you up at seven?" He chuckled "That's fine with me. Bye." "Bye Alison." He hanged up and Clare scoffed.

"Finally you are done. I couldn't stand that conversation any longer." "Sock it." I playfully hit her arm.

My phone started ringing loudly and I groaned "I swear Zayn is obsessed." She groaned.

Taking my phone out, Kenny's name was flashing on the screen.

"It's not him actually. It's Kenny." "Answer It." She nodded toward the phone.

I have been ignoring for quite a while and I didn't bother to answer those text he sent yesterday.

Quit being childish Alison and answer the call!

"Hey." I answered "Do you think you can make it to my place after work? I have something very serious I have to talk about with you."

Straight to the point.

"Okay then. I'll see you after work?" I answered unsure of what is actually happening.

Kenny is not his usual chirpy self. He calls me names or just banter with me. Now he sounds very curt and serious.

Something is definitely up.

"Thanks. Bye." He hanged up and I frowned "That was weird" I accidentally blurted out "What do you mean?" "Kenny was very serious on the phone. He insisted I come over to talk."

"That is weird." "Belive me. It is."

¤ ¤ ¤

"Hey Ken. It's me." I said into the intercom "Hey. Come up." The door of the flats started buzzing indicating it's open an I quickly grabbed the handle pulling it towards me.

Climbing up three flights of stairs, I knocked on Kenny's flat door. A few seconds later he opened up and a gasp escaped from my lips.

His lips are busted and there is a small bruise on his cheek.