Chapter 20

"It's your decision about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you're going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny."

- Anthony Robbins.

¤¤¤

ALISON'S POV

Happiness.

That's all I want.

I didn't care who made me happy or what made me happy I just wanted to be happy because I surely don't want to be depressed.

Over these past few weeks, I wasn't exactly happy but I was trying to lift my mood up to not think about the negative.

This weekend spent with Zayn was really great. Despite the arguments between Zayn and his father, we had fun.

I forgot everything between us and it felt really good.

Everything was just like old times and it felt so nice to have no arguments, just our usual banter.

And that made me happy.

I was happy to have the man that made me happy with me. That's all that matters.

When we go back home today, I want to keep things just like they are. I am actually willing to work things out between us.

As long as we can keep it like this.

My eyes fluttered open and to see myself snuggled up to his chest while he had his arm draped across my hip carelessly.

Just like the old times.

I wiggled out of this hold and I sat up, rubbing my eyes to that I can be wide awake.

I feel so giddy.

Getting up from the bed, I took one last look at Zayn. He took a sharp intake of air and started to move around.

"Good morning." I said, walking closer to the bed. His hand was lifted to his face to rub the sleep away "Morning."

His morning voice.

"I was going down for breakfast. You going to join me?" "I will." He mumbled into his pillow "Come here."

Taking a seat on the bed, I crossed my legs and faced him "What?" "I want to talk." "Me too." I lightly chuckled.

"Okay then. Ladies first." "Well uh I want to talk about us." I look down onto my lap, fiddling with my fingers "Me too."

"Just to clear something, I don't regret the kiss. I liked it a lot." I lightly smiled feeling my cheeks flush thinking about it.

"We enjoyed our time throughly this weekend and I liked how we were towards each other. It felt just like old times and I missed it." I confessed.

"I was wondering maybe if we can maybe work things out between us. Only if we can keep things like they are." Zayn reached out for my hands and hold them in his.

"I'd love to. That's all I want. To work things out." He smiled and I couldn't contain my smile any longer "You going to keep your side of the deal?" I asked.

"Yeah. Definitely. I don't want this opportunity to slip. I want to work things out because I want us to try again. Of course slowly. I will do anything to have you back Alison. That's what I wanted to talk about."

My phone vibrated against the bedside table and sighed heavily, grabbing it.

A text from Clare.