Chapter 26

"I can't seem to master the art of letting you go."

- Art of Letting You Go; Tori Kelly.

¤ ¤ ¤

ALISON'S POV

Love.

The reason why I couldn't sleep last night.

I have loved someone before - Daniel.

He was my first love and how things ended, you could imagine how heartbroken I was.

I loved someone who didn't love me back so loving someone else again will take a lot of trust.

"I am really serious Alison. The way you talk about him, it says it all."

Zayn knows that if he wanted me to love him, he would have earn it and by the looks of it now - It's not happening soon.

"He doesn't love me." I pointed out "You don't know that. He is secretive after all."

I know he doesn't love me. Why would he love me? If he did love me, he wouldn't hurt me like he did.

This is so all confusing!

I came here to take a break from this shít but now the topic of love is floating in my mind and it's bothering me so much.

I don't want to think about this.

Sighing in annoyance, I got out of bed and went downstairs for breakfast "Good morning Alison." My aunt greeted me while putting some scrambled eyes onto my plate along with the usual contents of a English breakfast.

"I don't eat the sausages." I murmured "But you use to love eating pork sausages Alison." "Things changed." I politely smiled.

Yeah, since Zayn came. Your eating habits has changed.

"Okay then. If you want something else then let me know." Margaret sat down at the table and I just picked at my plate.

I don't know what to do! I don't like being so confused.

"What's bothering you dear?"

You can't lie in front of a psychologist.

"What you told me yesterday just makes me over think." "It's the truth?" "I don't know and that's the problem." I sighed while taking a sip of my juice.

"What you said was enough to show that you love him. They way you speak about him Alison says it all but for you to realise that you love him, you feel giddy around him."

"He makes you feel so different around him compared to the usual people that you around. You enjoy that feeling Alison."

"I remember how you told me how you feel when he is not around. Does it feel like you empty inside?" I nodded.

"When you around him, all that matters to you is him and no one else right?" Once again I nodded and she took my hand into hers.

"My dear, you are in love but you just don't realise it and there is nothing wrong to be in love."

"After what I gathered, you should ask him to tell you truth about everything.
From there, you can decide what you want. You just can't let him go Alison. You try so hard and you have strong feelings that's why it's not possible."