Chapter 11

"Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us."

- Voltaire.

¤ ¤ ¤

ALISON'S POV

"Thank god its Friday!" Clare announced excited "I don't think the week dragged."

After my encounter with Zayn, I was doing okay. It has been four days and these four days were just manageable.

I had a day where I was feeling a little bit blue but I got over.

After confessing everything to Clare minus the info about Zayn being a father already, things were getting much better.

Though Clare was insisting on going to Zayn's house to give him a piece of mind.

"Where are you going?" I frowned at her "I am going to Zayn. Does he think he is going to get away with this. Fućk no!" She gritted her teeth and I chuckled.

"Uh Clare I think that would be a bad idea because he is not at home. He is in hospital as he got into a car accident."

"That is great. Just what he deserved!" "Clare!" I scolded her "What? So what hospital is he at?" "I am not telling you because I do not want you to be arrested or forcefully removed by security."

"Good point." She pierced her lips together "Now please sit down and relax. Don't waste your time."

"Alison." She chuckled "I don't think you understand that I want to fučking shït him out. I want to tell him how much I fūcking hate him. I want to tell him how much I want to fučking guillotine his head. I want to tell him how much he doesn't deserve a fučking dïck. I want to make him so fučking bad that he starts crying. I want to use every fučking cuss word there is on him."

Ladies and gentlemen; that is my best friend, my sister, my girlfriend till I die - Clare.

"Clare!" I giggled "I am dead serious. Make sure you chain me to a pole so that I wont do what I said unless I get permission." "Believe me. I won't give you permission. I think it is best if you keep your mouth shut." She scoffed.

"Excuse me?! I will not keep my mouth shut! I will not allow him to humiliate my best friend!" "Believe me Clare. I made him feel bad and I am pretty sure my words stabbed like knifes. I gave back of his own medicine."

"I guess that is true. Your words are worse than anyone else. I am sure that he has things to think about."

"Oh he does."

Then there is Edward. I am prolonging the truth from him. I wasn't prepared to tell him and my mum. Especially my mum. I still remain ashamed of my secret.

Tricia called me on Thursday morning telling me that she is leaving and that I should fix things between Zayn and I.

Zayn must have said something so I assume she knows but I don't think I will ever be able to fix things. Not this time.

I knew Zayn was discharged on Wednesday late afternoon and is back home. I will admit that I was really concerned about him last night.

I hope he isn't up to his antics again because he has no clue what he is doing to his life but then again I am responsible for it.

I left him. I left him and now he is empty but I know that his antics was to numb the guilt. He is drowning in his guilt just like I expected.

Don't think about him Alison. You don't need him and he needs to learn that he doesn't need you too.