Chapter 47

Karai's POV

We were leaving in twenty minutes. That meant we had twenty minutes to do what we had to do, such as pick out what to wear, then actually get dressed.

Of course I wish Leo would come with us, but I can't force him to come if he wants to be stubborn.

I looked through my closet to pick out something to wear. I had to wear something fancy even though I hate dressing up.

Throughout my entire closet I had two dresses. One was a plain long navy blue dress. The other one was black and short but not extremely short.

I decided to go with the black one since I preferred it over the blue one. I was on the middle of changing when there was a knock on the door. All I hoped was that it wasn't Splinter because he'd know something was up.

"Just a minute!" I called struggling to figure out how it worked.

As I finished struggling with the dress, I went to the door and opened it, but only a bit so I could see who it was.

I was relived to see it was Leo. I opened the door wide enough so he could come in.

"Wow," he said looking at my dress and blushing a bit.

"Thanks," I said and smiled.

"So I guess you really are going," Leo told me as if he wasn't sure if I actually was going or not.

"Yeah," I responded. I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck. "You should come."

He blushed a bit more as I came closer to him.

"I...I'm not going, sorry."

"But I want you to," I explained.

He shook his head signalling that he wasn't going no matter what.

"Have fun though," he said and smiled.

His smiled made me smile a bit. "I will."

He leaned in to kiss me. We kissed but only for a few seconds since I was a little bit mad at him. With that he left.

I brushed my hair and redid my makeup. By the time I finished Raph told me we had to go.

I followed him into his room where everyone else was but Leo. I sat in his down in his chair.

"Here's the plan," Raph started. "Since Splinter will catch us if we go through the back door, we're climbing through my window."

I thought for a second. How will this work if his bedroom is on the second floor?

"Just one question, how?" I asked.

"We jump." Raph explained.

We all thought of how much of a dumb idea it was for a minute.

"Or how about we not break any bones and wait for Splinter to not be looking at the door." Donnie suggested.

This was a lot more logical then jumping out the window. I know we're ninjas and all, but it was a stupid idea.

"Or that could work," Raph replied.

That's exactly what we did. When Splinter went into the kitchen, we saw our chance. The four of us ran downstairs quietly, and went out the front door.

It was a little cold out since I was in a dress. At least the guys had long sleeved tuxedos.

"So is Brenna going?" Raph asked Donnie to annoy him.

Donnie gave an evil glare at Raph. "Probably."

"Are you going to dance with her?" Mikey asked budding on to the conversation.

Donnie gave Mikey the exact same glance.

"I'll take that as a most likely not," Mikey said answering the question for himself.

We continued walking in the cold. All I hoped was that it wouldn't start raining any time soon.

"So who are you going to dance with now?" Raph asked me.

"No one I guess," I answered. I don't really like dancing but I would've danced with Leo for sure.

"What about you Mikey?" Donnie asked.

He thought for a moment. "No one."

The wind started to pick up even more. It made it a lot cooler outside.

"Are you still going with Hannah?" I asked Raph.

"If she didn't already get another date, then yeah." Raph responded.

The four of us were going to prom and not one of us knew if we has a date or not. This could be fun.

Raph's POV

We made it there just in time. Prom had just started. We went in and it was starting to get packed already.

"I going to look for Hannah. Have fun," I told everyone.

"You too," Karai said.

After I left, I think the rest of them split up too. All I hoped was that Hannah was here, or at least still coming.

I went around the crowd of hundreds of people looking. I could call her to see if she was here, but it'd make it a lot more special if it was a surprise.

I continued to look, but it was just too hard. I was going to look some more after, but right now I found some of my other friends.

"Hey," I said walking up to a group of them.

"Hey Raph," they welcomed me.

"When'd you get here?" I asked my friend Joey but honestly didn't care. I just wanted to start a conversation.

He looked down at his watch. "About twenty minutes ago," he answered. "So who'd you come with?"

I had t think for a moment what to say. It's kind of confusing the whole Hannah thing, so I had to make it simpler. "No one, but did you see Hannah?"

"No, why?"

"I was going to ask her to dance with me," I explained.

He stopped for a minute thinking a lot this time. "No sorry didn't see her, but good luck finding her."

"Yeah thanks," I said not really meaning it since he was no help. "See you later," I said and left.

The place started to get even more packed then it was before. This could be really easy or really hard to find her.