Chapter 24

Leo's POV

Ever since the movies Karai hasn't been talking to me lately. I guess she's still mad at me. All she has been doing was staying in her room lately. This was our first big fight. Yeah we had little ones, but nothing like this.

I want to talk to her, but I'm scared that I'll screw things up even more. I'll just wait for the right moment.

I was watching TV. I was going to play pinball, but then I remembered what happened last time I did. So I just continued with the TV.

While I was watching TV, I saw Karai walking down the stairs. She was probably going to get something to eat then go back into her room. Now was my chance to make it up to her.

I followed her into the kitchen. She was looking in the fridge for something.

I stood a good distance away from her and said "I think we should talk."

She sighed. "Now?" she asked sounding like she didn't wanna talk.

"Preferably yes," I answered not trying to get her mad.

"Fine, come with me," she said heading towards the stairs.

She opened the door to her room and walked in. We took a seat in her bed. She didn't say anything. I know she wasn't going to either until I did.

"So I guess you're still mad at me," I said.

She looked at me unimpressed that that was the first thing I said.

I was too impressed with myself either stating the obvious.

"I'm sorry. I was a complete jerk. I shouldn't have done what I did or said what I said. Can you please forgive me?"

"Can I ask you something?" Karai asked ignoring my last comment.

I nodded my head yes.

"Why did you just have to play pinball?"

"I only did it because I didn't think it'd be such a big deal. I would've never done it of I knew you were going to react this way," I said.

"Are you trying to blame this all on me?" Karai asked.

"You're taking this the wrong way, and this isn't all my fault."

"I never said it was."

"Then don't act like it is," I said raising my voice.

We stayed silent for a moment. I regret saying that so much. I came to make things better, not worst.

"I don't know if this is working," Karai said looking at the ground.

"What's working?" I asked seeing if she was talking about what I thought she was.

"Us."

I was afraid that she was going to say that.

"Karai, this was our first fight," I said not wanting this to end.

"We've had a lot of fights, just nothing as big as this," she answered.

"I know I screwed up big time, but this was going to happen sinner or later," I explained in a soft voice.

"I know, but you keep on screwing up. I do too, but...I'm not sure if this is going to work."

"I'm not so sure if I'm feeling the same way about this."

"If you don't want it to end, you shouldn't have just come in here and be an asshole to me."

"I know, and I'm really sorry, but can't you give me another chance?" I asked hoping that she would.

She looked at the floor and stayed silent for a minute.

"I'm not sure if I want to," she said still looking at the floor.

This completely shocked me. Are we breaking up?

She finally looked at me and saw that I was torn.

"Listen this isn't easy," she finally said breaking the silence.

"Then why do we have to do this? I'm still not over you."

I looked at her and saw that she was really listening to what I was saying.

"Please one more chance," I said softly.

She looked down again. I wasn't sure what she was going to say.

"One more chance," she said.

I smiled I was so happy that she forgave me. I leaned in to kiss her, but she tilted her head down showing that she didn't want to. I hugged her instead.

By the end of the day we were talking to each other again. We didn't even talk about what happened earlier. It's like it never did happen.