Chapter 1

[This story was written a long time ago and quite frankly I'm not very happy with how it begins, at least. Naturally, I've improved as a writer and changed my views and opinions on some things. I WAS about 15 when I wrote it so you can imagine. But I promise it gets better as the story goes on so I hope you enjoy it.]

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." I said walking in the coffee shop where my friends were waiting for me.

"That's fine Mel." Anny said as I took a seat beside her.

My friends have already gotten used to the fact that I'm always late. They knew me too well.

"So what did you wanted to tell us ?" Christina asked impatiently.

"Well, my parents decided.." I stopped, the 3 girls staring at me, waiting for me to continue. It was hard for me to tell them, we have been friends for as long as I can remember so I couldn't just tell them that I'm leaving, but I had to.

"So?" Nana interrupted my toughts.

"Me and my family..." I sighed "We're moving." Surprisingly, they all stayed calm.

"Oh really ?" Anny asked "To that house near the park, your mom has been checking out?" She continued.

"Not exactly."

"No? Then where?" She asked, taking a sip of her chocolate frappuccino; it was her all time order in that coffee shop.

"No, um... we're moving to England." I blurted out.

Anny chocked on her frappucino, unable to control her shock.

"What ?" Christina asked.

That was the reaction I was expecting since the very start.

"Yeah, my dad got a job there. Actually, he has already taken a few trips there, looking for a place for us and preparing everything, and now that everything is ready, we're moving."

Even thought that I have always dreamt of moving to London, now that it was actually happening it was harder than I thought it would be.

They stayed quiet, still processing what I have said. I noticed that Anny was almost in tears when she spoke.

"And when will you be back ?" She seemed to calm down a little. "I mean, you'll be visiting us on holidays, won't you ?"

"Of course, of course I will!" I answered taking her hand.

It was hard to let go of the people that I grew up with, people that I trusted and that I knew trusted me, but there wasn't much I could do.

  * * *

I woke up feeling excited and sad at the same time. There a restless feeling in my stomach, a mess of emotions and anxiety; it was a big change after all. I didn't want to leave my friends, everything that I have built up in my life was here. It was kind of scary that I would have no one but my family there . But at the same time, I knew it would be a once in a lifetime experience because I would get to meet new people, visit new places, see new things. I knew that once I finished high school I would move for university anyway so the change was inevitable.

It was 9 a.m. when I decided that it was better to get up since I still had some stuff to pack up.

I spent the whole day packing, and I couldn't help but think of what it would be like. My life was about to completely change, not only my school, my friends, my house was being left behind but everything would be different.
I was moving from a small town to a big city, a foreign country where people would do everything just a little bit differently reminding me I wasn't home. Hopefully it would become home, in time.