Mr Raux

Next class was double English with Luke we had the new teacher. We were the first ones to class, even the teacher wasn't in the room but the door was open so we went inside and sat at our desk.

A shadow cast over the table as a person cleared their voice "Did I tell you to enter?" a young but husky male voice asked.
"Nope. But don't worry about giving us detention. We already have a lunch date with you" I said without looking up.
"Ah, you must be Riley and Lucas. Ms Simmons told me about you two" I could hear humour in his voice.
I looked up at the bleached blonde haired guy standing before me and my mouth almost dropped open, for once I'd have to agree with Shakira and Mia. Mr Raux was very attractive. Somehow though his face looked familiar and even his voice seemed familiar. He seemed slightly taken back by me too but quickly composed himself. Who was he?
"All good I hope?" Luke replied.
"Actually yes. I admit the other teachers kind of had me scared about your group but Ms Simmons has a whole different view on you" He admitted.
"Well that's because Jade loves us" I shrugged.
"I can tell" He laughed. "Anyway your class is doing essays on a chosen topic, am I correct?"
"Correct" Luke nodded.
"That's great, saves me assigning a topic. So what are yours about?" He asked.
"Why it's important to just be you" I answered
"Mine's on homosexual rights" Luke stated proudly.
"They sound like good topics. I take it you're homosexual?" He questioned looking to Luke.
"That I am, and very proud to be so. You'll get to meet my boyfriend in detention" Luke confirmed.
"That's really great. Even with being Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or even transgender becoming more acceptable in today's society there's still a lot of controversy surrounding the subject. I think you're brave to be able to openly admit to being homosexual"
"I've experienced homophobic hate of a pretty high level but the way I see it is that I'll be judged on who ever I am in public view so it's better that I get judged for who I really am than for someone I am pretending to be" Luke shrugged.
I was about to explain that Luke was living with me and the reason behind it when Shakira entered the room.
"Oh hello, you must be our new teacher. It's Mr Raux right? I'm Shakira Jones, school captain. It's so nice to meet you" She said in a flirty tone as she fluttered her eyelashes and extended a hand for Mr Raux to shake.
Hesitantly Mr Raux took her hand and gave it a slight shake but Shakira didn't let go until a few seconds after he tried to withdraw his hand. He rolled his eyes in mine and Luke's direction and we giggled slightly.
"What are you laughing at?" She demanded.
"Oh nothing. Just your failed attempts at flirting" I laughed. She just glared at me "Clearly he isn't interested" I added.
"Whatever loser" She growled. "Anyway Mr Raux I thought I'd tell you now that I'm struggling a bit in this class and my parents think it'd be good if you could perhaps give me some tutoring" She said as she twirled her hair.
"That's never going to work, there's a thing called student files" I reminded her.
Mr Raux glanced at me and shot an amused smile before turning back to Shakira who was once again glaring at me. "Look Shakira, I'm no stranger to the world of school girl crushes and I can tell you now I can't even count how many times the 'needing a tutor' card has been used on me. As Riley just noted there is such a thing as student files and I have looked at all the files for students in my classes. You happen to be the top of the class, so I will not be tutoring you just as I will not be returning your child like crush so please don't waste your time" He said. Leaving her with a dumbfounded expression.
"What, never been rejected before?" Luke smirked.
"Whatever you gay freak" She responded bitterly before walking to her seat.
"I won't tolerate bullying in this classroom" Mr Raux announced. It was directed at Shakira.
"What are you going to do about it? Give me detention?" She scoffed. Being rejected had made her into a tremendous bitch.
"As tempting as that sounds I think that would be cruel to Riley and Lucas who already have detention so I'll let you off on a warning just this once" He answered calmly.
Slowly the classroom filled up, I swear half of the female students went out of their way to 'politely' introduce themselves to Mr Raux and about 3 of them also claimed they needed tutoring.
"Well aren't you going to introduce yourself to us?" One of the girls swooned after sitting down.
"All you need to know is that my name's Mr Raux, I'm your new English teacher and that a majority of you are not failing or falling behind in this class. Girls, I'm here to teach you the subject English, not to be the subject of your fantasies" He informed. I liked him already, if he could shut down all the drooling girls in one minute than he was clearly a great teacher.
Mr Raux let us listen to music if we wanted while we worked and about half way through class he came around to check that everyone was doing as they were meant to. He checked what Luke and I were doing last, we were sitting behind Shakira and one of the other popular girls Hannah.
"He is so fine" Hannah giggled softly, probably thinking that no one but Shakira could hear.
"I know, and I totally had him flirting with me but the freaks interfered. But one day he will be mine" Shakira replied in a soft but so sure of herself tone.
"He was not flirting with you" I corrected.
"Lying is not a good habit Shakira. Plus in case you didn't know student and teacher relationships are illegal, even if they weren't I still wouldn't be interested because... well to put it bluntly, bitch isn't my type" Mr Raux pitched in only loud enough for Luke, Hannah, Shakira and I to hear. Ouch!
"Should I go get you some cold water? Because you just got burned" Luke chuckled.