Chapter 9

"Yes ,Boyfriend "said my mother "What about dad ?"I asked "Your father left me for 18 yrs and you expect me to just watch him have any woman he wants whilst I'm here suffering ,I don't think so"said my mother I shook my head "Im guessing I'm not liked "said Richard I looked at me and frowned "Ya,think?!"I said "Zoe!!!"shouted my mother "Mother!"I shouted back and walked to my room ,and find Zayn and Susan there ,they both frowning like me "I'm guessing you heard about Richy"said Susan "You think.!"I said "And I'm thinking I'm thirsty I should have a drink"said Zayn as much I wanted him out of the picture "No,Zayn don't do it ,were normal kids who don't like Step dads and all but I think you should let it slide"I said Zayn sighs angrily "Well,dad will not be happy about it ,even if we don't do it ,he will"said Susan ,Zayn nods "Ahhhh,just don't kill the poor guy ,maybe his fun but if his not no killing "I said "Maybe he'll be your first kill"said Susan and they laugh ,I just shake my head and go down stairs ,I hear my mum and Richard giggling and Bruce approached me "Your mother wants to see you at the dinner table ,with your siblings and in your best behaviour"said Bruce "Why can't this woman leave me alone ?"I rolled my eyes and I see Zayn and Susan coming down the stairs I follow them to the dinner table we sit next to each other opposite Mom and the Richard guy. "You called for us mother "said Susan "Yes ,I did and I want you three to spend time with Richards kids and Richard including"said mother "And may I ask why would I and we do such a thing?"I asked "And how long has this been going on"asked Zayn ,my mother rolled her eyes on us "Its been 2yrs now and me and Richard are going to get married ,and his kids are as old as you 3 are so y'all might get along" she said .Me,Susan and Zayn stood up at the same time "What!!!"we all said at once "I thought he was the boyfriend "said Susan "Well mom screw your wedding I ain't going anyway "said Zayn and walked away "Zayn?"I said I looked at my mother and glared at her and shook my head and I ran after Zayn ,"Well mother ,thanks for screwing this family up and to think Zoe just found out her father loves her dearly ,you go and get married "said Susan and followed me.

"Zayn?,where are you"I asked we looked all over the back yard "Where can anyone go in such a big open place"asked Susan we stopped and I knew it was time for me to really think "Susan ,I know where Zayn is "I said ,and I ran to the woods just further away from our backyard 'The old Tree house!"shouted Susan "Shhhhh,remember we the only three of us know about this place ,plus we don't want Zayn to know we found him"I said "Good thinking sis"said Susan ,we climbed the stairs of the tree house ,helped by Bruce to build ,we for in and saw Zayn sitting in his old chair. I looked at the pictures we took when we were young they were in the wall and we were so happy and so full of life."Zayn? Are you okay"said Susan "How can you ask such a question,you can see his definitely not okay"I said "Sorry..... Tryna help here"said Susan "Well you both not helping"Zayn snapped,I took a sit opposite Zayn and Susan took a sit next to him ,I can tell she didn't know what to do ,I was always good at this stuff ,I sighed loudly "Zayn,you know me and Su are always here for you ,we've never failed you before ,but I think you have something deeper than this engagement thing about Richie and Mom"I said he looked up at me and looked down "Zayn is there something you not telling us ?"I asked ,he sighed loudly "Dad tells us the same story ,that mom wanted to be turned that's partly true,I was six years old ,Dad wanted to us one last time but mom wouldn't let him ,Dad asked why then mom wouldn't say.. Then Dad came back that night to find some guy with mom,I couldn't see properly Dad was so pissed he killed him at the sport,and he knew mom was pregnant with the mans child Dad asked how long has it been going on ,she said since he left for his thrown,Dad was so angry he didn't fight ,he didn't shout he just looked at mom and walked away that's why Dad never came to visit on the holidays ,I was so angry with mom all this time she tried to make us forget our father she knows she drove him away ,until I changed into a vampire then she invited Dad into my life ,she was happy you two wouldn't change until Susan joined in ,that's where she knew she tried to turn Zoe into a prepy princess,and then one day......"Zayn paused "What happened "asked Susan "I heard Dad and mom talking on the phone,Dad said you killed our son,first I thought he was talking about me only to find out it wasn't me because I'm alive ,which means mom gave up Dads unborn baby for abortion ,he said I trusted you I will never cheat on you ,yet you showed me people you love can be murderers too,you just had too,and to think I had a little brother on the way"said Zayn "So now that moms getting married it hurts you badly,because you always hoped that mom and dad might get back together "I asked Zayn nodded. I can't believe my mom ,I would have been a great older sister ,and I see tears fall down my tears.

"Don't cry"said Zack and Susan tears up too "Promise me this stays between us guys until the right time "said Zayn,I looked at Susan and we both nod."Guys do you remember this song"asked Susan as she plays an old record of Brook Benton Lie To Me. I smile as I sing along to Looking Back.
★♪Looking Back Over My Life I Can See Where I Cause You Strife But I Know....... (oohh) Yes I Know I'd Never Make That Same Mistake Again
Looking Back Over My Deeds I Can See Signs A Wise Man Here And If I...... Just Had A Chance ,I'll Never Make The Same Mistake Again★♪ then I stopped singing and I see Zayn and Susan smiling at me "You definitely dominated in the singing position from dad "said Susan "And he missed it all "said Zayn and I wanted to cry "Yeah,it wasn't his fault though"I sniffle "Dad always says ,it doesn't matter if someone's there or not its how they feel about you and how their thoughts wonders to you every time"said Susan I smile a little "I love you guys"I said while I hugged them both "We love you too sis "they both said then my phone began buzzing I took it out and its a text from Lilly
Lilz:Where you at ,I'm at you house ,my date starts in an hour,and your mom is with some guys is he your dad ?,but he doesn't look hot as you said he'll be ,But get here now!.

"Ow God ,Lilly!"I said they both got shocked "Guys someone supper speed me to the front door ,Lilly has a date in an hour and she hasn't even showered ,so come on girl crisis"I said Susan stood up "Zayn needs some time alone now ,he'll be better so we'll go make Lilly pretty"said Susan "You the best Su"I said I climbed on her back and she ran to the house "30 seconds tops?"I asked "No sweety 20 seconds tops "said Su I giggled and we got in ."Zo!!!! There you are and thank God Susans here ,now let's do this "said Lilly as she began to drag us to my room ,and I dragged her to my shower ."Okay now let's brainstorm "I said to Susan "I think the dark blue dress will go well with her sky blue eyes ,and these black heels will go well with too since it is dinner"said Susan "And I'm thinking eye shadow to make her eyes pop out ,fix her eyebrows ,mascara and not too much eyeliner,pink lip gloss to make her pink lips pop out ,plat one part of her hair ,and curl the other part "I said we smiled "That will do the trick definitely ,now let's get everything set up "said Susan. Its fun having Su around.