Chapter 4

"What!!?"I asked puzzled what does he mean by us ."Yes,Zoe and your dad is King of Vampires"said Bruce "Bruce ,that is not possible plus that's a fantasy and what do you mean by 'us' exactly?"I raised my eyebrows ,Bruce speeds to me he was so fast even I couldn't see his movements "OMG,how did you do that!!"I ask "Like I said us,now young lady I think its time your mother told you"said Bruce ,I ran upstairs to my mother's room and pushed the door open without even knocking "Good Lord Zoe I thought you better than that"she said "Mother I believe you have something to tell me" I said "No, I don't think so"she said I sigh aggressively "Its about my Father does Darren ring a bell to you"I said she looked at me shocked "Honey I think you need to sit down ,its time I told you the truth"she sighs and I sit on her bed "Long ago when I was still a teenager ,I met this handsome boy at school,ocean blue eyes,dark black hair ,american muscle though it wasn't too much and his skin was so clear .It was your father Darren McKnight ,and your father had an instant liking in me as I liked him ,that like grew into love .Then your father told me he was a vampire that scared me ,but I couldn't get away from him ,nothing changed that love between us we had our first child when I was 18 right after I finished senior year ,its your brother Zayn,and I then got pregnant with Susan then you,as I was pregnant with you,your father was 23 when your grandfather died and he was next in line to be King of Vampires ,your father said he will only take the thrown right after he see's you in his arms ,he did not want to leave you without seeing you .He then decided you three needed a protector and that is Bruce ,your father left after he saw you in his arms and named you Zoe after his mother .When Zayn turned 17 he started having changes I'm sure you also noticed that ,he started being well built ,his skin changing and as a vampire he had super hearing ,super speed and super strength and he can create duplicate of himself ,your sister also started changing at 17 super speed,strength and hearing and can manipulate the darkness and you still have to control the elements water ,earth,fire and air" she said "Mother how do you know that's I should control the elements"I asked "The legend says the king will have three children one who can manipulate darkness,one who can duplicate and one who can control the elements,each have a purpose to save the vampires or they'll be the end of it"she said "Aren't I suppose to be bitten to be a vampire ?"I asked confused ,my mother laughs "Darling your father is 250 years old his been around to notice vampires who are born and those who have been bitten "she says "Mother I thought you said Dad left when he was 23"I said "By that time I thought your dad was really 23 "she giggled .So I'm actually a blood sucking creature who's going to save my kind ,I stood up "Mother I think I need to be alone"I walked out and went to the garden and saw my old swing,I set there and drifted in deep thought .

What seemed to be hours,I heard someone approach me ,it was either Bruce or my mother . I just closed my eyes and felt the wind blow through my hair ."Hey baby sis" I opened my eyes and it was Zayn "I guess they told you huh"he said "Yep,that I'm about to be a blood sucking creature "I said, Zayn asked me to look at him in the face "Yeah so what,its who we are,you always wanted to be free and not controlled ,guess what little sister vampires are free,and we are the kings children. I know this isn't settling for you I felt like that too ,until I met our father ,Zoe his awesome he is fascinating ,extrodinary he does reminds me of you,promise me you'll embrace it when the time comes"he said "Only in one condition ,why don't you and mom get along ?"I asked Zayn he looked down and set on the other swing "I knew that was going to catch up with me sometime ,Zoe I was furious because mother never talked about our father and she never mentioned a word about him until I turned 17 and she states they were in love but she acts like they aren't she doesn't explain why don't they talk nor sleep on the same bed ,even dad doesn't explain why. Its like no one wants to talk about it......... I just wanted mom and dad back together a happy family where at breakfast I see them both laughing ,but you can't always have why you want huh"he said, I stood up and Zayn also stood up I hugged him and cried on his chest since he was taller than me ."There... There... Don't cry Zoe ,I'm sure one day you'll be a great queen and your first rule will be ,caramel Sunday every Saturdays "he brushed my hair and I giggled "Sure like have strawberry fruits evey Money"I laughed Zayn chuckled "Now let's get back inside."he said