Floor Five Hundred

Start from the beginning

"Bye!" The Doctor smiled and waved.

"Well, don't mention my name. When you get in trouble, just don't involve me." Finally, she left.

"That's her gone. Adam's given up. Looks like it's just the three of us." The Doctor said.

"Yeah."

"Good."

"Yep."

When the doors opened we were in a cold, dark room with damaged walls and broken furniture.

"The walls are not made of gold." The Doctor muttered, glancing around at the desolate area. "You two should go back downstairs."

"Tough." Rose and I replied.

We walked around, glancing at the rotted skeletons and ancient newsroom. Eventually, we stumbled upon a bright blonde bloke in a suit and tie, surrounded by workers, covered in frost, and typing away at various monitors.

"I started without you. This is fascinating. Satellite Five contains every piece of information within the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. Birth certificates, shopping habits, bank statements, but you two, you don't exist. Not a trace. No birth, no job, not the slightest kiss. How can you walk through the world and not leave a single footprint?" He questioned us.

Rose tapped my arm and pointed towards a girl seated at her own monitor, also covered in frost. Upon closer inspection, I saw Suki, mindlessly working.

"Suki!" Rose called, the two of us darting to her. "Suki? Hello? Can you hear me? Suki?"

"What have you done to her?" I asked the man.

"I think she's dead." The Doctor told us.

"She's working." I reasoned.

"They've all got chips in their head, and the chips keep going, like puppets." He spat.

"Oh! You're full of information. But it's only fair we get some information back, because apparently, you're no one. It's so rare not to know something. Who are you?" The man wondered.

"It doesn't matter, because we're off. Nice to meet you. Come on." The Doctor gestured for Rose and I to follow him, but it was too late. 

Suki latched onto Rose and I, holding our arms in a death grip. Two other zombies held the Doctor in place, despite his consistent struggles. They wrapped handcuffs around us, wiring us in our spots.

"Tell me who you are." The man ordered, the smile fading from his face. 

"Since that information's keeping us alive, I'm hardly going to say, am I." The Doctor replied.

"Well, perhaps my Editor in Chief can convince you otherwise."

"And who's that?"

"It may interest you to know that this is not the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. In fact, it's not actually human at all. It's merely a place where humans happen to live."

There was a nasty growl and snarl in response to this.

"Yeah. Yeah, sorry. It's a place where humans are allowed to live by kind permission of my client."

He pointed up and revealed a disgusting lump hanging from the ceiling, with a very nasty set of teeth in a mouth at the end of a pseudopod.

"What is that?" Rose whispered.

"You mean that thing is in charge of Satellite Five?" The Doctor clarified.

"That thing, as you put it, is in charge of the human race. For almost a hundred years, mankind has been shaped and guided, his knowledge and ambition strictly controlled by it's broadcast news, edited by my superior, your master, and humanity's guiding light, the mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe. I call him Max." The man laughed lightly.