One

Yalannah

I drove down the street arriving at my shop. I stepped out side of my BMW and made sure to lock the doors. I walked to my business and unlocked the doors. I was a little early so my customers or workers weren't here yet. I turned on all the lights and got my work station prepared.

A few minutes later, Jaylen strolled in with his sassy self.

I put both of my hands together. "Thank you, lord. I never thought I'd see the day Jay, came on time much less early! Hallelujah!"

He stale faced me. "Bitch, it's too early."

I bursted into laughter and he joined along. "Forreal though, why you early?"

"You acting like it's a problem, Yaya."

I chuckled once again. "Ight. I'm sorry, Jay."

He nodded and plugged in a curling iron, and waited till it was hot. "Come over here Ya, lemme' give you some curls right quick."

I shrugged and sat in the seat and played on my phone while Jaylen made my straight brazilian curly. By the time he was done, it was time to open and all of my workers were here and setting up their areas. Appointments and walk-in's came in to get their hair done.

"Yaya."

"Hmmm?" I gave Jay my attention.

"You stayin' today, girl?"

"I got a appointment today, but I don't know about after that. Why?"

"I be bored, you know I only fuck with you. I don't like none of these prissy bitches in here."

I laughed. "Jaylen. You are too much man."

My appointment walked in and I shooed Jay away and waved her over. "Hey, Layla."

"Hi, Yalannah."

She sat down and I began to make small talk with her while I braided her hair down. When I was finished, I started sewing in hair for her bob. After I was finish flipping her bang, I turned her to face the mirror and she gasped.

"Thank you, yaya. This is why I love you."

"Love you too, Layla. Your mom coming to pick you up?"

"She just text me that she outside."

I nodded and Layla handed me the money then gave me one more hug before scurrying outside.

I walked to the front counter and put the money in the cash register. Jaylen walked up to me. "Why that chile always act like she never got her hair done before? She come here all the time. She should be used to being laid by now. Don't you think?"

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Shut up, Jaylen. Ima' head out."

He pouted. "I understand you the owner of this salon or whatever but bitch you do one person hair every other week and then dip. Like why you can't stay all day?"

"Because I don't have to. Either way I get my money, Jay."

"Ain't this what you love to do though?"

"Yes, and stop exaggerating. I stay here and slay hair a lot."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Gone and leave me, let me get back to my client."

"That's what you getting paid for." I shrugged.

I informed one of my other workers to lock up for me since I won't be here later.

I walked to my white car and slid in the drivers seat, cranking it up before backing out.

My phone began to ring.