26.[I Swear I'm Tryna Get Some Time To Spare]

( excuse any mistakes you may come across in this chapter...thanks for reading...❤)

Anika

[Several Days Later...]

I woke up to the sound of a little boy's loud cry.. I glanced over at the time that read 9:56 am. Before exiting the bedroom, I took a deep breath and followed the direction of his crying. I thought Aydin had been in his room, but the sound came from downstairs.

"Aydin...?" I called softly.

I jogged down the staircase and walked over to the kitchen. Aydin had been on the floor crying with a cookie placed in his hand and others cookies surrounded him. I guess he tried to reach the cookies on the counter. I smiled to myself as I walked over to him.

"Aydin,baby...What happened." I picked him up from the floor and placed him on the counter.

He said nothing but he pointed to the cookies.

"You tried to get those cookies in the cookie jar huh?" I smiled and he nodded his head.

"You alright?" I asked, examining his body for any bruises.

He nodded his head "Mhmm." he hummed as he wiped his tears.

"Come on..Help me clean this kitchen and lets go upstairs to brush our teeth and after we'll make breakfast and wake up Daddy. Okay?"

"Okkay." He said, sorrowful.

After cleaning up the kitchen, Aydin followed me up the stairs and into the bathroom.I sat him on top of the vanity sink and he handed me my toothbrush. I picked up his child safe toothpaste and put some on it. After doing that, I used the toothpaste Willie and I both used.

After brushing for about 2 minutes we both flashed our smiles in the mirror, making sure everything was clean.

"You wanna race to the kitchen? Last one there is a wotten egg." Aydin suggested and I was down for it.

"Yeah,let's go." I smiled.

Seconds later he took off down the staircase and I followed. I had to take it easy on him. He wasn't ready for my skills.

The whole time we raced, I hoped Aydin didn't fall down the stairs. Reese would hate me even more than she did before.

"Come on! Pickhead!" Aydin cooed, finally making it down the stairs

I know we shouldn't be running down these stairs but, you cant miss a challenge. Especially from a four year old. Children his age take everything to heart.

He beat me into the kitchen and I watched as he jumped up and down, cheering for himself.

"You lost, I won. You lost, I won." He teased. Whatever.

"Hush, Daddy is sleeping."

Aydin totally ignored me and continued chanting.

I looked over at my phone that had been vibrating on the Island counter behind me. The word "Daddy" read across the top. I slid to answer, holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder. I turned around at Aydin, putting my finger to my mouth. He quieted, but whispered his chant.

Fetty

I awoke to the smell of breakfast being prepared . I breathed it in a little and walked downstairs . Anika was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast, dressed in one of my t-shirts. She was on the phone and Aydin was on the counter chilling, stealing some fruits out of fruit salad and she didn't even notice.