13. [Whateva' Is Mine, Is Yours.]

[ excuse any mistakes you may come across in this chapter...thanks for reading.❤]

                                                Anika 

I flew in and out of rooms to do some last minute packing and pack some of my toiletries. I couldn't finish it all last night so I figured i'd wake up earlier but that didn't happen. So now I'm rushing and Willie's rushing me and it's making me wanna punch him.

"Robyn jeans, We need to go."

I mentally rolled my eyes as I stuffed the last couple of things in my suitcase.

"Okay. I'm ready." I blew the strand of hair out of my face after trying to zip my bag. He told me I didn't need everything because he would buy it back but , I needed everything. You know how us females are.

I quickly grabbed my luggage and jogged down the stairs with them. Willie collected a couple of my carry-on's and trailed behind me as we met Tanya who had been chilling in the car.

She beeped the horn twice, telling us that we needed to hurry. She's going to make me punch her in her throat if she keeps on rushing me. I know she sees us walking to the damn car.

We finally made it to LAX. It hurt my heart that I was leaving Tanya, especially on a short notice but, she said this is my "destiny"and that I have found my happy spot and I should continue chasing it. I also felt a little guilty because I should've spent more time with her before I left.

Tanya and I were inseparable. That day we met in Paterson, we instantly clicked. Its rare for you to find a female that doesn't hate on you nowadays... and to find Tanya was truely a blessing to me.

Tanya was the sister I never had. I was an only child so, I never knew what it felt like to have a sibling until I met Tanya. 

"Bye baby! I promise to send you lots of selfies." I said as I hugged her tighter.

"Promise?" She smiled, trying to enlighten the mood. She hated when I cried too because then she'll start and we'll just be a big mess.

"I promise." I felt tears welt in my eyes.

I'm so freaking emotional, that it's ridiculous now.

"Don't cry." She whispered .

"I'm trying not to." My voice cracked as the tears streamed down my face.

"Here she go." Willie mumbled.

I took the knuckles of my index fingers and wiped the corners of my eyes before  hugging her tighter.

"I feel like I'm letting you go off to college." Tanya joked causing me to laugh a little.

"except you should be the one crying." I added

"I love you." She sighed and threw her hands on my shoulders.

"I love you more." I smiled as I wiped my face.

I sniffled and finally let go of her. I said my final good-byes and trailed behind Willie to out gate. He extended his arm to hold my hand. I placed my hand in his and sighed deeply.

"You'll see her soon. She ain't leaving you for good." Willie informed followed by a little chuckle.

He thought I was overreacting. Whatever

                            [Several Hours Later]

Willie and I landed in Newark,New Jersey about 10 minutes ago. We were now in an uber, driving to Paterson. I felt kind of safe because he doesn't live in the hood anymore and I wouldn't have to worry about anything. We started getting closer and my heart started thumping. I haven't seen Paterson in 4 years and I was a little excited but nervous at the same time.