"Where's your mom? Did she even visit?" He sounded angry.

"Oh yeah she's here, don't worry about it. I'll see you around." I said trying to shake him off.

"No seriously I'll take you to the car, where is it?" I shrugged, hoping he wouldn't see what I saw.

"Oh." He said awkwardly, when he saw my mom through the window of the car running her mouth all over some random doctors face.

"Um, I'll just wait inside..."

"No, I'll take you home— no worries."

"Okay sure." I said quickly trying to pretend we both didn't see anything.

It's not that he didn't know she was a shitty mom.

We got to his car and he went to take the wheelchair back to the lobby, then I saw him turn back and walk to my moms car.

What the hell is he doing!? I thought frantically, but I couldn't get out of the car, so I pulled out my phone and called him, trying to get him to stop whatever he was doing, but he didn't answer. Instead, he went to my moms car, knocked on the window and waited for it to roll down, glancing my way. I was frozen.

The window rolled down and I saw Ethan talking for about five seconds then he left walking back to his own car. I saw the doctor leave my moms car looking disgruntled.

"What the hell did you say?!" I yelled when he got in the car.

"What? Oh nothing I just told her I was taking you home. It's no big deal, I was just making sure she'd know you weren't stranded at the hospital."

I laughed.

"Ha— she wouldn't care." I said, annoyed. He didn't say anything and started driving to my house.

I sat uneasily in the car, wondering what he said to my mom. How mad would she be when I got home? I was also still a little mad at Ethan for 'breaking off' our friendship before.

When we got to my house, he parked the car on the sidewalk then got out then walked around the car, helping me out. We got in my room through my window (not smoothly I might add), then I flopped down on my bed.

"I have so much homework." I whined, seeing the piles of papers on the floor by the bed.

"You don't think you're going to school anytime soon right?" He said, doubtfully.

"Yeah I am! I've already missed so much school this year and I kinda wanna graduate so I can leave this place." I said mindlessly.

"Where to?" He replied, in a bleak voice.

"Uhm, I don't know yet, but I'm thinking somewhere in California or England..." I said, thinking of how good it would be to finally leave the city.

"That's pretty far huh?" Ethan said, not hiding his disappointment. I realized how thoughtless I sounded and tried thinking of what to say to him.

"Not really... you could join me?" I said awkwardly. He laughed bitterly and stood up.

"Nah don't worry about me. I should probably get going." I felt really bad about how thoughtless I'd been.

I probably won't even get into college.

"Seriously though, wouldn't it be really fun to leave this place and go somewhere where nobody would know you?"

"It's not like I can really do that." He said, and I understood. His gang definitely wouldn't let him, and would probably hunt him down if he snuck out. He started walking over to the door.

"Bye." I said miserably. He turned around and started walking back to me, but then stopped and walked back to the door.

"I'll be back soon." He said, then left. I heard him close the front door gently and then heard his car pulling out of the driveway. I rolled over and grabbed a pile of the papers due last week and started my homework.

After about ten minutes, I heard a car pull up in the driveway.

This is weird... I thought when I looked out and saw a white BMW parked there.

What was a car like that doing in a neighborhood like this? Or more importantly in our driveway?

Probably just another one of mom's friends...

Toto POV

"He's still seeing him isn't he." Ace stated. I grew annoyed as Ace once again brought up the subject of his favorite member, Ethan. What was so special about him? He didn't do any more work than the rest of us! He was still seventeen! With a normal leader, he wouldn't become anything important in this gang for at least five years.

"I haven't been watching him, I don't know." Either Ace didn't hear me, or he didn't care.

"It's pretty clear that he has, he's not even at his apartment right now." I sighed.

"Looks like he didn't listen to what you said." I replied, trying to get Ace to see Ethan for who he was.

"What should we do?" He asked.

"We gotta teach him a lesson." I said. Ace needed to be more hard on Ethan.

"We already gave him a warning." I added.

"No. We aren't doing anything to Ethan. What about the guy he keeps meeting up with— he's the problem. Ethan's getting less and less involved in this gang and we need him to fully be here."

I don't know about needing him...

"Okay, what should we do with his friend?" Ace thought for a while.

"Send him over to Dominic's." Huh?

"What would that accomplish?" I didn't get it...

"We'll make a deal with Dominic, then Ethan will have to forget about the kid and he'll get his head in the game."

"Wait what? What kind of deal would make Dominic agree to that? They hate us! Also I don't think Ethan's worth all this trouble this could seriously break up the gang." Ace glared at me.

"We'll figure it out. Now get out of here and go find Ethan."

Vote and comment!
Q: what is your favorite quality about yourself?