Chapter 03: Telling Toby

Start from the beginning

Bringing myself out of my thoughts and focusing back onto the task in hand. I scan through the menu as Toby is ordering. He orders a coke with chips and a beef burger.

I am about to just order a drink and not food until my stomach let's out a growl which causes my cheeks to heat up in embarrassment.

"I will have a water with a chicken and jacket potato, no other filling please. Also sorry to be a pain but can I have soar cream and ketchup too please?" I ask closing my menu.

Toby gives me a small smile while the waitress writes down the orders and walks away with the menus.

"So what was you saying before you got interrupted?" He asks me, taking my hand again which causes butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

My sickness has gone which is a good thing.

Just say it Lacey, tell him.

Taking a big breath in, I open my mouth to tell him. "I think I may be pregnant." I say to him.

He opens his mouth to say something but then chooses not too. He closes it again and this action happens for another couple of times. His realises he is making me uncomfortable as I sit there looking like I am about to cry with my lip quivering already.

"Sorry it's a lot to take in. So you are pregnant?" He asks me, sounding in disbelief and he has a confused expression written across his perfect face.

"Yes." I croak out, a single tear falls down my cheek and I wipe it away quickly. I don't want Toby thinking I am a baby.

He scratches the back of his neck and then looks up to meet my gaze. Once he sees I am crying, he gets up from his side of the booth and comes to my side.

Scooting to the left hand side of the booth so he can sit down next to me. He wraps his arm around my torso, bringing me close to him. I snuggle my head into his neck, trying not to get tears all over him.

After a couple of minutes of crying I get my head off Toby's neck and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand. I stay wrapped up against Toby though. I don't want to move just yet.

"Do you know for definite that you are pregnant?" He asks, looking down at me.

Sniffing I shake my head. "No I don't know. I am too scared to go and check." I inform him.

"We can go together." He says to me, kissing the top of my head. I take my body away from Toby as the waitress puts down our drinks and food.

Grabbing my drink, I take a big gulp of the water, letting the cold liquid go down my throat.

"I would like that." I tell him.

For the next couple of minutes we just sit there is a comfortable silence which is good as I thought it wouldn't be a good silence after the bomb that I just told him.

<{Toby's Point Of View}>

My Mother once told me you know when a women is telling the truth because they have a certain hint in their eyes and I know when Lacey is lying as she would not look directly into my eyes and she would laugh.

However, in this instant she was dead series when she told me that she may be pregnant and I am guessing she is telling me this because I am the father of the child.

Knowing that in under a year I may become a Father scares me to death. Yes I know one day I would like to have a child but I never thought I would have one at such a young age. I just got out of school for crying out loud.