Chapter 61

Hey guys, just a quick little message before the chapter begins... So, I have done a lot of browsing and I thought that I might actually be able to add GIFs to my chapters just to make them a little more interesting and to visually express my story...So hopefully the GIF on this chapter works... Tell me in the comments whether it works or not, enjoy the chapter! (Also, Gabriella - Eleanor's childhood stepmother - will make an appearance in the chapters later to come! Cate Blanchett plays the seductive and glorious Miss Gabriella Daviau from Paris...)

"Johnny?", I asked.

"Hmm?", he asked.

"When are we landing?", I asked, looking over at him.

"In about 20 minutes...", he said smiling.

I smiled back at him... He slowly reached for me but I flinched away...

"Forgive me...", he whispered.

He stood up, walking towards the toilet... I sighed before looking out the window again... I stared out at the pitch black sky with glimmering stars scattered around it...

20 minutes later

We landed safely and I smiled as I walked out of the plane slowly... I looked around, staring at the old buildings surrounding me...

"This place looks very old... What is the name of this small town?", I heard Johnny ask.

"I do not know... My only knowledge of this town is that I was born in it...", I said, slowly walking away from the plane with my luggage in my hands.

I followed a small map to find the hotel I was staying at with Johnny... I looked up, noticing a huge sign that read 'La Grande Hotel'...

"That's odd... The name is French... Must be owned by a French person...", I whispered to myself.

"I thought we would at least get to travel by a carriage or something... Not by walking!", I heard Johnny whining and complaining behind me.

"Johnny, the hotel is right over there! Look!", I said with a smile.

"Looks fairly modern compared to the fact that this town seems trapped in the time of the 1930s and 1940s...", he said, staring up at the building as he stood beside me.

I suddenly heard loud music coming from the hotel causing me to start walking towards it with Johnny following close behind... I slowly pushed the glass doors standing before me open before turning to Johnny and letting him in first, seeing as he was the one carrying about 5 heavy suitcases...

"I shall go collect the keys... I will meet with you once again when I posses the keys and number of our room...", I said, walking towards a counter with a lady seated behind it.

"Cześć, jak mogę Ci pomóc?", the lady behind the counter asked making me freeze.

"Um, I do not speak Polish... Forgive me... Do you by any chance speak English?", I asked her.

"Angielski?", she asked.

"Yes, angielski... If that means English then, yes... Angielski...", I said nervously.

I was never social... And at that moment I knew that I never would be social...

"You want me to speak English?", she laughed, her voice had a hint of the Polish accent.

"Yes! Please...", I giggled.

"What I said was, how can I help you?", she said with a smile.

"Um, do you by any chance know a man named Johnny Depp? A famous actor?", I asked.

"Yes, I have watched quite a number of his movies... That name is on our list of VIPs, as well as the name 'Eleanor Adams'...", she said.

"That is me, I am Eleanor Adams...", I said shyly.

"Well here is your key then, your room is on the second floor... Enjoy your stay at 'La Grande Hotel'...", she said, handing me a golden key.

I smiled at her before walking back towards Johnny... I picked up my 2 suitcases and headed up the stairs with the key in my dress' pocket... Once I reached the second floor, I unlocked the door to our room and opened it slowly, revealing a television set, a couch, an armchair and a glass door with lace curtains hanging in front of it leading to the balcony... On the left was a door leading to the bathroom and next to it a doorway with no door leading to the kitchen... On the right were 2 other doors... The one to the far right corner leaded to the 2 bedrooms in one, the 2 bedrooms separated by a wall and doorway... The other door leading to a cupboard...

I walked in, placing my luggage in my room which was the second one in the 2 bedrooms in one... The bedroom in the front was Johnny's...

I heard Johnny stumble as he walked into his room, throwing his luggage carelessly onto the floor before jumping into bed...

I walked into his room, grabbing his arm before dragging him out of bed and towards the front door...

"Eleanor, where are we heading to in this ungodly hour?", he asked, standing up.

"To explore the hotel... To find out it's history and owner and why it is named in French instead of English or Polish...", I said.

"Right now? We've got all the time in the world...", he said.

"Please, Johnny... I just want to find out who the owner is!", I said.

"Why? What is bothering you about the identity of the owner?", he asked.

"Forget it, I shall go alone...", I said

Walking out of the room, I see 2 girls taller than me enter the hotel room through the front door... I watched as they entered Johnny's room and I sighed, running out of the room...

I walked into the grand ballroom where there was a big performance being held...