Chapter 18

Time really does fly, just as they say. A week went by so quickly. It was Monday and it was also the day I return to the set.

"Ugh...", I groaned as I got up.

I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

"You have had enough time to recover...", I whispered to myself.

I brushed my long hair and tied it up into a messy bun. I walked out towards the closet pulling out my navy blue dress. I button it up and tie the ribbon around my waist.

I sigh and look over at the posters...

He cares about me, but... Why? I thought.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. I slowly walked over to the door and slowly unlocked it. I turned the doorknob and Kelly rushed in.

"Hey! Do you want to walk to school together?", she asked excitedly.

"I-I can't...", I said quietly.

"Why not?", she asked with a frown.

"I have to go back to the set...", I said.

"Oh...", she said looking at her feet.

"I'll be going then...", she said walking out.

"Bye...", I whispered.

I then walked behind her down the stairs. She walked down the stairs on the 2nd floor and walked towards Alexander's door.

I walked down and opened the glass doors weakly. I stepped into the light and the wind.

I got onto my bicycle and peddled as fast as I could towards the building.

When I arrived, the director was standing in front of the building with a concerned expression.

"There you are!", he said smiling as I approached him.

I nodded and walked into the building. It was amazing... This time, it was set up for the stunt scene on the Eiffel Tower.

"Wow...", I whispered.

"Yes, wow...", the director said walking up to me from behind.

"Do you like it?", he asked.

He slowly approached me from behind and stood next to me.

"I love it!", I said with a wide smile.

"I thought you would...", he said walking away.

I then walked into my dressing room and put my dress on. I then walked out and Helena walked over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Where were you this past week?", she asked concerned.

"I took a break...", I said softly.

"Oh, well... you did need one...", she said looking down at her feet and then quickly up at me.

"You know, me and Johnny were worried sick about you...", she said looking over to the corner of the room where Johnny was standing with his head down, but his eyes on me.

"Sorry, I told the director I would go back to school for a week...", I said.

She nodded and walked away. I looked over to where Johnny was standing, but he was gone. I walked into my dressing room and sat down rehearsing the lines.

Suddenly, the door burst open revealing Johnny with a soft expression. His expression then changed to a confused one... Then to an annoyed one... Then to a furious one...

I stared at him with a blank expression on my face.

He walked over to me and picked my hand up gently. He saw bruises on my wrist and then he gently placed my arm down on the table.

"What's that?", he whispered.

"What's what?", I asked.

"Why is your whole arm bruised?", he asks looking into my eyes with concern.

He then looked at my neck...

"And your neck!", he yelled.

I didn't respond to his question...

"He did it didn't he?", he asked furiously.

I looked down at my hands resting on my lap.

He kneeled down next to me and used his index finger to push my head up.

"Did he do it?", he whispered.

He looked into my eyes and stood up. He then picked me up bridal style.

"W-what are y-you doing?", I asked scared.

He walked out the back door and into the fields. He walked across the fields and into the forest...

He lay me down under a tree carefully and sat next to me. He took off his costume's coat and wrapped it around me.

I took it off immediately...

"I'm fine... I'm not cold...", I whispered.

He then put on a scared and concerned face as he looked over to the building.

There, in front of the building was Alexander, talking to the director...

Johnny quickly put his coat back on and I stood up. He wrapped his hands around my neck in a hugging position and I held his arm in fear of Alexander.

I started sobbing and Johnny looked at me.

He leaned towards me...

"Pay it no mind...", he whispered in my ear, his lip brushing against my ear.

I looked at him and he stared at me.

I looked over at the building and saw Alexander staring at me. I thought he was going to run towards us, but he didn't...