Chapter 24

I fell asleep under the tree. When I woke up, I couldn't see anything... It was so dark I couldn't see my own hand!

I screamed not knowing that it was actually night time. I got up and walked towards the cliff, staring at the moon. I saw Johnny sleeping on the grass...

He wasn't tossing or turning, which was a good sign...

I collapsed next to him and immediately fell asleep.

I slowly rubbed my hands as I felt the sun rise. I heard Johnny whistling so I got up to see where he was.

He was on the beach clearing sand out of his shoes. I slowly walked up to him and he heard me approaching. He turned around and I jumped as he stared at me with burning eyes...

"Good morning...", he said softly.

"Good morning...", I said sitting down.

He sat down next to me and stared at the ocean.

"I didn't mean to say what I did...", I whispered.

He looked at me confused.

"What are you talking about?", he asked.

"I didn't mean what I said the other night... When I said you have to stay away from me...", I said quietly.

He stared at me for a moment before looking out at the ocean again.

"I know you didn't...", he whispered placing his hand on my cheek and gently caressing it.

I leaned into his touch and he softly smiled. I stood up and sat in his lap, placing my head on his shoulder and wrapping my arms around his neck. He stared at me confused and surprised and I just smiled as I slowly closed my eyes.

He combed my hair with his fingers and buried his face in my hair. I looked up at him and he stared down at me with his dark brown eyes.

"Feelings really have ruined you...", I whispered.

"I almost lost you to that boy...", he said caressing my arm.

I leaned in and kissed his cheek softly. He closed his eyes and gently pulled me into a hug...

How could I have ever loved Alexander more than him? Johnny has always been there for me and protected me...

He placed his hands on each of my cheeks staring into my eyes and then at my lips before pecking me on the lips. My eyes grew wide but soon, both my hands got lost in his greasy dark hair. He then proceeded to kiss me.

When we pulled away, he looked at me and I immediately placed my head beside his in a hugging position.

"Thank you...", I whispered in his ear and he looked at me confused.

"For what?", he whispered softly.

"For being there for me and protecting me...", I whispered back.

He smiled softly causing me to as well.

"I always will be there to protect you...", he said.

"I know...", I whispered.

"I've grown kind of fond of you over these past few days...", I said laughing as his face went from a calm expression to one that wants to laugh.

"I know...", he whispered laughing.

I admit it to myself... I have to admit it to myself...

I love him...