Chapter 17

Kelly and I walked all the way to the mall where she can get herself a dress. I then suddenly remembered... I was chosen last month to perform at a concert tomorrow with a choir... Oh lord! How could I forget?

We went to every single shop in the mall that sold dresses... Kelly ended up buying... Nothing.

After a long day, I walked up the stairs and was suddenly pushed against the wall.

"Ow!", I winced.

"You're coming with me...", someone whispered before I was taken into one of the apartments.

I was calm and I didn't panic. Suddenly, a tall figure towered over me.

It was Alexander...

"What is your intention?", I whispered.

"To find out what that freak told you!", he yelled.

"I already told you what he said. I don't know what more you seek...", I said.

"Don't play smart with me!", he yelled.

I then pushed him and ran for my apartment. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could. He ran after me...

I got into my apartment and locked the door. He banged on the door demanding that I let him in.

"I will stand in front of this door all night if I have to!", he yelled.

I ignored him the rest of the evening. I changed into my nightgown and jumped into bed.

I then fell asleep as Alexander kept knocking and banging the door.

It was a bright sunny spring morning and I slowly rubbed my eyes waking up. I changed into one of my old dresses and walked out of my apartment.

Alexander grabbed my arm harshly and I groaned in pain. His grip loosened and he pushed me against the wall. He looked at my lips and was about to kiss me but I turned my head.

"I love you.", he said.

"Well... I wish I could believe you...", I whispered as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

I pushed past him and walked down the stairs. I pushed the glass doors forcefully and walked into the sunlight. I walked to the train station and bought a ticket for the city.

On the train, I looked through the window and saw the building. The parking lot was empty.

The train ride was really long. I couldn't feel my legs at all.

I walked towards the huge building where the performance was going to be held. 5 hours of practice was first, then the concert.

I walked in and it was truly beautiful... It had an organ and at the top, blue lights.

I walked up the spiral staircase and into the top section where the college's choir was. I sat down by myself and practiced.

The concert was incredible... Lights shining on the orchestra, playing beautiful classical music. Then a band came in playing only the best jazz music.

It was a long day but I got through it. When I came back home at 11:30 pm, I unlocked the door to my apartment and walked in. I placed my purse down on the chair and walked over to my bed. I buried my face in the pillow and fell asleep.