Chapter 12

I walked out the shop staring at Johnny and then looking over at Helena who was looking at me with a worried face.

I really appreciate her being there for me when I need her most... She's a lovely person with such a warm heart...

I walked back into the building and headed straight for my dressing room.

I looked at myself in the mirror for a few minutes before tearing up...

What am I doing here? Why am I here in the first place? Why does Johnny hate me? Why is he so mean? Did he drive Alexander away from me?

By now I was crying hard. I collapsed into my chair and buried my face in my arms on the table, my shoulders moving up and down with the rhythm of my crying.

I have to escape from the human world... I have to leave now, at least for half an hour... I have to feel the sunlight on my face again... I-I just h-have to... I thought to myself.

I ran out the back door and into the sunlight.

I ran through the field holding my dress while running, clenching my fists hard... I headed for one place across the field where I can find piece and nature and beauty... The forest...

I ran in keeping track in which direction I was heading so that I wouldn't end up lost...

I fell in front of a big tree... I kneeled down under the leaves and I stared at the building. I then saw something else... Someone else!

I watched in horror as the distant figure approached quickly... I recognise that costume! It was... It was... Johnny Depp...

He stood in front of me as he tried to catch his breath...

I just stared at the ground as he sat beside me...

He stared at me for a moment before speaking up...

"You deserve much more...", he simply said.

I looked up at him confused, what does he mean by that?

"W-what do you mean?", I asked him confused.

"You don't belong with him... He is just another ordinary boy who lives down the street...", he said looking at me.

"Y-you mean Alexander?", I said staring at him as I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Yes...", he simply said staring at me with sympathy, wiping away my tear with his thumb.

"What happened? Why did he leave?", I asked looking at Johnny who looked at his feet then back at me.

"You look cold, here...", he said handing me his coat.

"No... It's fine...", I said gently pushing the coat back to him.

Without hesitation, he wrapped the coat around me. I shivered and goosebumps formed all over my skin as I feel sudden warmth from his coat.

"You are much too special... Much too precious...", he said looking into my eyes.

I blushed shyly and was surprised when I hugged him. He hugged me back...

I was lost... What was I doing?!

I quickly pulled away and turned my head feeling embarrassed. He just looked at me confused before standing up and offering me his hand. I took it and he lift me up.

"Thank you...", I said before I started walking.

I heard his faint footsteps behind me as he catches up. I suddenly tripped on some tree roots and he caught me.

"You alright?", he asked with concern.

"Fine thank you...", I said before stepping away from the awkward position.

"Ow!", I said as I fell on my bottom.

"Ouch are you alright?", he asked again.

"My ankle...", I said rubbing it.

"Hmm... Come on...", he said helping me up.

I cried out in pain. The next thing he did really surprised me...

He picked me up bridal style and started walking out of the forest.

"Am I too heavy for you?", I asked shyly, trying not to feel awkward.

"No...", he said with a soft almost whispering voice.

A faint smile appeared on my face as he walked through the fields.

He slowly approached the building and gently pushed the door open with his foot.

Everyone stared as he walked over to my dressing room and got in. He put me down on my chair and stared at me.

"How are you feeling?", he asked.

"Good...", I said rubbing my ankle.

"Wait here, I'll get some ice...", he simply said before walking out.

I waited only a minute when he suddenly ran in with an ice pack.

"Thank you...", I softly said, trying to get the ice pack from him.

"Shhhh, sit back and relax...", he said before placing the ice pack on my ankle.

I winced at the coldness of the ice pack as he tried to calm me down. Just then, Helena walked in and her eyes grew wide at the sight.

"What's wrong?!", she asked me as she caressed my forehead.

"Nothing... I just tripped...", I simply said.

"I'll be fine...", I continued.

Helena walked over to Johnny who was still holding the ice pack on my ankle.

"Johnny, let me...", she said gently grabbing the pack from his hands as she kneeled down in front of me and placed the ice pack on my leg.

"Ahh!", I winced, it was so cold!

"I'll be off then...", he said before looking at Helena one last time, then me, and walking out.

Once he exited, Helena took her chance...

"What really happened? All I saw was him carrying you in.", she said.

"Well... I was still upset about Alexander so I ran out of my dressing room through the back door and into the field before entering the forest...", I explained.

"Go on...", she said softly with a curious face

"I sat down under a tree and I saw a person running towards me... I then noticed it was Johnny... He came up to me and sat down beside me... He then explained about what happened with Alexander... I then hug-", I cut off that bit, thinking that she didn't need to know that part.

"I got up to walk away when I suddenly tripped over some tree roots and hurt my ankle...", I said looking down at her.

"I see...", she said before removing the ice pack.

Boy, what a day... And it still hasn't ended!