Chapter 02: Crying (Edited).

Start from the beginning

As we enter the school building, teachers start to bark at us to take our coats off.

I roll my eyes at the little round teacher who are barking at us. Walking towards the stairs as I take my coat off. Olivia does the same.

Walking up the stairs, I hold onto the banister as I feel a bit unwell since last night. Since I have been sick.

Since last night I haven't eaten anything which is not good as I feel lightheaded because of it.

Passes teachers and classrooms as we walk towards our lockers which are located by the hall.

"I'm scared." Olivia mutters, opening up her locker. She places her coat inside. Scanning the corridors for teachers (there isn't any), I open up my locker, placing my coat inside.

My locker still needs cleaning out because I have used wrappers in them, empty coffee cups and a change of clothes from last year still in there.

The teachers didn't bother to clean them out last year, even though they said they would.

"Same." I answer, seeing other students open up their lockers to get their books out of it.

"You don't know that you are pregnant." She answers me and adding a grunt at the end.

The shriek of the bell goes off, causing both me and Olivia to roll our eyes and I slam my locker door shut.

"What you got first?" She asks me, opening the door and walking through it.

For A-Levels I took - Physiology, film studies and History and Biology and Health and Social.

However, this year I dropped Physiology as the school thinks it is wise for me to drop it as its too much to cope if I stay with four a-levels.

Olivia took - English Literature, health and social, Sociology and Physiology and Biology. She has dropped Physiology though.

Adam who is dating Olivia took - English Literature, Btec Law, Physiology, Biology and Maths.

He dropped Maths last year.

Toby who may be the baby's father if there is a baby growing inside of me. He took – History, Maths, English Literature, Physics and Physiology. Toby dropped Physics last year.

Both Adam and Toby have moved onto university. Adam wants to go into a career that is 'meaning full', his words not mine. He wants to become a police officer. He took Law with Criminology at Sheffield Hallam University.

Where Toby has chosen to go down the route of either journalist or advertising. So he has chosen to do History and English. He is also going to Sheffield Hallam, which is about ten minutes from where I live.

"Free." I tell her, walking towards the open area (towards the back of the open area) so I can research about babies and see if am pregnant or not. I don't know what I will do if I am pregnant or not. Olivia comes over towards me; sitting face to face.

"I am meeting up with Adam after school and telling him about the baby. I am scared of what he is going to say but I cannot keep it from him. It's mean to keep it away from him when it is such a big responsibility." She sighs, running a hand through her hair in frustration. Messing it up in the process.

I think I need to do the same; I need to tell Toby. It's the right thing to do. "I need to tell Toby. At least you and Adam are together and have been together for a long period of time, well if you count three months then yeah you have been going for a long time." I explain to her, unzipping my bag and taking out my laptop. Firing it up and logging into my account.

{#}

Grabbing my phone from my pocket and hiding it under the table, I unlock it and open up my iMessage app, I start to write out a iMessage to Toby.

'Hey I need to talk to you after school so can we meet at Lucy's please around four ish? – Lace x'

Once I sent the text, I focus back onto the teacher who is rattling on about the Second World War and what happened in it. I place my elbows onto the table and rest my chin in between my hands. Waiting for my phone to buzz against my thigh as I left it in my lap.

After a couple of minutes focusing on the teacher, my phone buzzes. I take my hair out from eyes with my fingers and place it behind my ears. I quickly see if the teacher is looking in my direction – which she is not (thankfully). I look down at my phone and Toby's reply.

'Sure, you sound worried. I will meet you there at four then. See you later babe.'

At the last sentence, my stomach does a backflip and butterflies erupt in it. A smile forms of my face as he called me 'babe'.

Let's just say that I cannot wipe the smile of my face for the rest of the day.

{#}

Closing my locker, I turn to face Olivia who looks worried and her eyes are watery. She basically looks like she is about to cry.

"You okay?" I ask her, picking up my bag from the floor. We make our way towards the double doors.

"No. What if he doesn't want anything to do with the baby? What if he thinks I'm a slut? What if he breaks up with me?" He questions me, her bottom lip is starting to quiver and in an instant she has tears rolling down her cheeks.

It will be fine right?

"I think it will be okay. He will come round. He is stupid not to see that you need him and he helped also with the baby. It takes two to tango after all." I state which brings a small smile to her lips.

"You really think so?" She asks, walking towards the stair case.

"Yep." I reply, holding onto the banister so I don't fall down the stairs.

As we exit the school building, we walk past busy students trying to get far away from school. Some students getting onto the bus, some walking home with friends and some getting lifts from parents. The six formers getting into their own cars.

Soon hopefully that will be me, driving myself home.

As I say goodbye to Olivia, we part ways as she is going to meet Adam at the park while I am meeting Toby at Lucy's café which is about ten minutes from the school.

Walking across the road, I press play on my phone while I get my headphones out of my bag. Once I have done this, I start my quick walk to Lucy's to meet Toby.

To inform him about the baby, if there is a baby. The cold air hitting my cheeks, making me shiver against the cold. Burying my hands in my pockets, I continue to walk.

Scared of what Toby will think and say.

###

Hey what you think about chapter two?

I already like how this story is going as I don't think it is going too fast or too slow. Also I refer my writing in this as I am trying to develop my characters and their emotion.

Teaser -> Lacey hopefully will tell Toby.

So I do these questions at the end of a chapter for you guys to answer so here goes nothing:

1) what you think is going to happen?

2) What you think Toby's reaction will be?

3) Is Lacey pregnant?

Well that's all, thanks for reading.

Vote, comment and fan

<Milly>