The Last of My Kind

Start from the beginning

"I cannot help you discover who wiped your memory."

"I'm not asking for your help, I'm asking if the daleks have that technology."

"We do not."

I sighed, leaning on the dalek. "Then what the hell does have it." 

As soon as I rested my hand on the dalek it began to back away, lighting up as if I breathed new life into it.

"What did you just do?" I whispered to myself.

"Genetic material extrapolated. Initiate cellular reconstruction!" It cried.

"Oh, fuck me." 

A man ran in and looked pissed at me. "What the hell have you done?" He walked over to the dalek, drill raised. The dalek raised its plunger. "What are you going to do? Sucker me to death?" He laughed. The sucker covered his nose and mouth and the dalek created a vacuum inside it, killing him.

I picked up a gun on the nearby table running out, just in time for Rose to run in panicking. "Its killing him! Do something!"

"He's already dead, come on!" I pulled her out of the cage, running to find the Doctor.

"Jordyn, we can talk to the Doctor here!" I ran over to her and saw him on a screen on the console. 

"You've got to keep it in that cell." The Doctor ordered.

"Doctor, it's all my fault." 

"I've sealed the compartment. It can't get out, that lock's got a billion combinations." The guard told him.

"A dalek's a genius." I told the guard.

"She's right. It can calculate a thousand billion combinations in one second flat."

The dalek did exactly that, it opened the door and slowly came out of its cage.

As soon as it was standing directly in front of us, everyone aimed their guns, ready to shoot.

"Open fire!" A man called Bywater ordered.

"Don't shoot it! I want in unharmed!" I head Van Statten demand from the console.

"Jordyn, get out of there!" The Doctor called. I rolled my eyes, ignoring him.

"De Maggio, take the civilians and get them out alive. That is your job, got that?" Bywater said to the woman guard. She  nodded and turned to us.

"You, with me." She gestured for us to follow her, leading us away from the dalek.

We darted down multiple hallways, soon running into a bunch of guards

"Civilians! Let them through!" De Maggio cried.

They did as she ordered and we ran through.

"Are you going to shoot it?" I asked one of the guards.

"Please, ma'am, you need to leave."

"Just answer the question."

"Yes, we are, ma'am."

"It's going to kill you."

Immediately, Rose ran up to me, grabbed my arm and pulled me away. We continued to run until I spotted a small screen on the wall.

"Wait!" I shouted. Everybody stopped and stared at me with questions in their eyes. I used the gun, still in my hand, to pop the screen off the wall and reveal the wires behind it.

"The dalek has drained all the power, but I might be able to send some to Van Statten's office where, I'm assuming, the Doctor is."

"Sure, but make it quick." De Maggio said.

I nodded, and began to sort through the various wires.

"By any chance do any of you have a mobile you don't need?"  I asked.

"Why don't you use yours?" Rose replied.

"I would, but the battery is dead."

Eventually, Adam stepped up and handed me his phone. I took the back of the phone off and went through the wiring. "I'm basically just going to send some of the power from the phone to Van Statten's office. You can recharge your phone later to fix this."

I connected the wires and, on the screen I tapped on Van Statten's office, to focus the energy there. I watched as the battery died on the phone, and once it was completely dead I disconnected the wires and tossed the phone back to Adam. I put the screen back in place, double checking that the power was sent to Van Statten. 

I nodded to the others, letting them know I was finished. We started to run down the hallway again.

"Rose, can I borrow your mobile?"

"Yeah, sure." She tossed her phone to me and I dialed the Doctor.

It rang twice before he picked up.

"Rose?"

"Nope. Try again."

"Jordyn?! What- Are you okay? Why do you have Rose's phone?"

"Because I needed to talk to you and my mobile is dead... Oh, and I'm okay."

"What is it?"

"Did you get the power?"

"Did I what?"

"I sent a small amount of power to Van Statten's office. Did you get it?"

"Yeah... That was you?"

"I know how to hack. Oh, and Doctor, I've figured out what I am."

"And?"

"I'm an empath. Yes, I know everybody else is dead, and I don't know much else."

There was silence for a moment before he responded. "We'll discuss this later. I think I know how to recover your memory."

"I have to go now. Later?"

"Later."

I hung up and tossed the phone to Rose. She grabbed me hand and we took off running.