I ignore her but Diane growled in my head. She's an Alpha so of course, she doesn't like to be disrespected by other wolves. I could feel her anger bubble up like a volcano but I held her down and continue to drink. 

"What's the matter, sugar?" The other girl hopped in. "Are you deaf too?"

The girls laughed at their small jokes. My fists are both balled up tightly and I closed my eyes to calm myself down. After 10 years I lost my parents, most of the pack members especially the young one, have forgotten that I am the Alpha's child. Yes, Robert has the blood of an Alpha and now he's the Alpha and yes, his son is the next Alpha but in Goddess name, I know they don't deserve the title, not when Robert has a secret relationship with the rogues. It's not forbidden but rogues are the people who refused to follow their Alpha's orders. They exist because they disconnect their bonds with the packs and quietly leave their pack or they were exiled. 

And having a connection with them is very...dirty.

I want to tell everyone about what happened that night, to prove that Robert killed my parents with the help of the rogues, to show them Robert is the killer and the evidence is within my memories but who would believe a 7 years old mute girl. Besides, if I told them at that time it will be useless. He will eventually get the title because I was just a little girl and I guess I'm pretty lucky to be alive until now.

And we shall take back what's belong to us, Selyen. Diane said in my head, calming me down and it work until the girls snapped me from my thought. 

"I think she is deaf, Iris." the first girl said.

"That's enough, Jane." one of the boys said and it was the boy that I recognize his scent. He was the late Beta's son, Sam. He lost his title as a Beta when Robert has to use his authority to point a new Beta. "She's Alpha Stormrage's daughter."

Jane scoffed. "She's the late Alpha Stormrage's daughter, Sam and why are you backing her up? Have you forgotten that your father died protecting her weak parents? You know, I'm pretty glad that Alpha Robert took over this pack. We need an Alpha that strong to protect the pack and his family instead of weak and mute Alpha."

In lightning speed, I have my hand around her throat and slammed her against a tree. She gasped and widen her eyes in shock. 2 boys were stunned and quickly tried to pry me from her but she has pulled the trigger and I couldn't control my anger once it was activated. I growl out loud, a growl that only an Alpha has and this cause the boys to stop, frozen in their stance, including Jane. Her pale violet eyes widen while her body shakes in fear. Diane nods in approval at her reaction but I wasn't satisfied yet. Who the fuck is she, to call my parents weak? How dare she? I wonder what happens if I take her parents away.

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder. 'Selyen, she's not worth it.' Sam said through mind link, snapping me from my thoughts. 

Without even realize, I had tightened my grip on her, choking and squeezing her pale neck slightly. Some part of me wants to squeeze the life out of her but some part inside me think that it's wrong to do so and it wasn't my place to punish her, yet but not with death. 

I growl one last time and let her go. She slumped to the ground and crawled away from me. Iris who was standing like a statue quickly help Jane up and they ran away without glancing back. The 2 boys followed the girls, leaving Sam with me. I turned and faced him, slightly annoyed that he stopped me but grateful that he did. 

Sam and I barely talk even though we were once childhood friends. Maybe it's because I was too afraid to face him after what happened to his dad. He looked exactly like his dad and I looked away as guilty started to rise inside me. Whenever I see him, his green eyes and brownish hair reminds me so much of his dad. I always saw him with dad, talking about pack stuff and sometimes they just joke around. Sam has his dad's face but he is a foot taller and more muscular than his dad. 

"I'm sorry about Jane." he said and lower his head which surprise me slightly. When he raised back his eyes, I saw his green eyes have a mix of gold, showing his wolf was surfacing and revealing himself to me. "It won't happen again." he said, laced with a promise.

I was confused with his action to submit to me. Slowly, he back away from me and turned to leave but he stopped and glanced over his shoulder. "And Selyen?" he called. I crook my head to one side, looking confused. People do call me by my name but not with such kindness and...acknowledge. His green eyes caught my grey eyes and he smiled faintly. "It was never your fault. Remember that and if you need me, just call me." With that, he ran into the trees to catch up with his friends. 

I was so confused and stunned. Why the hell did he do that?

That's because he knows you as his rightful leader. Diane said. His wolf acknowledges you as his Alpha.

Trust me, I do want to take back my title as an Alpha from Robert but I don't have the upper hand here. I remind her. Plus, a female Alpha is very rare. They said a female Alpha could be a great ruler and of course, she is as equal as any male Alphas. I heard some of the female Alphas in Europe and they have ruled their pack smoothly and efficiently with passion but there were a few female Alphas that had run their pack toward destruction and that is because the female Alpha has been ruling her pack for so long without her mate by her side. There was a rumour that says that if the female Alpha has a mate who is also an Alpha, 2 packs will be united and they'll become one strong royal pack. When I said royal, it means royally and there's a chance of becoming the King and Queen of Werewolves empire.

But for me? I'm not sure yet. But I do know I had to take back what's mine and rerun this pack again. There's a dark mist running through this pack, I could feel it in our pack's bond and it's started to taint the pack members' attitudes and morals. And I blame Robert for being the cause of it. They say a pack behaviour reflects the Alpha's personalities and whatever personalities within Robert are bad.

But I'm not saying I'm a good girl either. No, there's darkness in me, waiting to be free and break my promise with my dad before he dies. I have been dreaming and imagine myself clutching Robert's throat with my bare hand and taking out his heart from his chest. It gives me strength but at the same time, it scared the shit out of me. Vengeance is not supposed to be inside an Alpha but I want it to honour my parents and to show Robert what he had done and who he's messing with. But father's last words always remind me and make me stop thinking about my personal vendetta. It has been 10 years since I kept his promise but I'm not sure if I can continue that promise when I turned 18 in 5 days. Will I have the heart to break my promise?

He deserves to be punished. Diane growled in my head. He killed our parents, he's probably has a secret connection with the rogues, he even corrupt our pack and tortured some of the pack members, Selyen. We can't go soft with that kind of person.

There's another way to punish him, Diane. I can't let our emotions cloud our judgement.

Diane went quiet for a moment at my words and I know she know I'm right and I guess it was the reason father made me promise him. If I want to take back my title as an Alpha, I have to make sure I'm not like my uncle.