Chapter 1

'~~10 years later~~'

"Selyen! Selyen!" The Luna or my aunt shouts from above. "Get your ass up here right now!" She growled.

Troubles are coming. I could sense it since I was 7 since they took me in and made me their maid. I should be complaining but I'd figure it's a waste of time. I sigh and face the music and ran out from my room which was a basement and dash up the stairs, taking three steps at a time. Once I was at the door that connects to the basement's stairs, I take a quick glance at the time and it was almost time for the pack's training session. If I'm late, again, another punishment awaits. Freaking great.

I found my aunt, Anna, tapping her foot as she waits for me in the kitchen. I lower my eyes and nod my head in submitting manners which honestly, it is not something that I do willingly. I saw her satisfaction at my submission but it disappears within a second and her bitch mood begin. "Did I tell you to keep the kitchen clean and always throw the trash at 4.30 p.m?" She points her polished finger at the sink. "Are you getting stupid or do you want me to punish you for your lack of focus during working?" She growled.

I shook my head no and went to the sink just to wash a bowl, 2 ceramic plates and a spoon. Seriously, she can wash this by herself for goddess sake. Nonetheless, swallowing my wolf's anger, I wash the dishes, clean up the sink and the table and sweep the floor in the dash. Once I was done, I was about to bolt for my training when Anna stopped me. "Hey, are you forgetting something?"

I halt and turned to see her pointing at the 2 trash bags. I grabbed them right away, ran outside and dump them into the rubbish container. Usually, I would go back inside and raise one eyebrow, asking if there was anything else. But I'm late so I ran toward our pack's house without waiting for her permission.

~

4 minutes 47 seconds later, I arrived at the packhouse backyard where they held the training for every member of this pack. I took a moment to catch my breath after running 3 kilometres at my highest speed. I didn't have a car or a bike so I always ran to places that the Luna or the Alpha wanted me to be. This is one of the things that I didn't mind because it's one of the ways to release the anger and frustration that I have been bottling up for a while.

From a distance, I saw Chase, my cousin which means he is the son of the Alpha and the future Alpha. He was standing with his gang while his eyes roamed at the girls who were training in their sports bras. I rolled my eyes but the absence of the Alpha himself, Robert, make me curious. Yeah, it's usual for an Alpha to absent himself during pack training since he had other things to do but since it was my uncle, I absolutely curious about his business.

What happened 10 years ago is still fresh in my mind.

"Hey! What the fuck are you doing, bitch? Daydreaming?"

I snapped my eyes at Chase who was now striding toward me. He's a bit muscular and a few inches taller than me. To say his present intimate me would be a lie but I never like him, especially when he's here to represent his dad when he's away. When the Alpha is absent, Chase would 'take over' and flaunt his authority. Since he has the blood of the Alpha, the pack member acknowledges him more than me. Well, who wanted to acknowledge a mute wolf as their Alpha.

My wolf, Diane, growled at his insult but I held her down and chin up and looked at him in the eyes. I shouldn't do that but he's not gonna be my future Alpha so having a little battle with him is minor unless he reports my so-called bad attitude to his dad.

Chase growled at my attitude. "Watch that face, bitch or you won't have one if you disrespect me." He snarled. I didn't respond to anything, just keeping a stone face and calming my nerve. Chase didn't like that and he went to grab my neck but I block his attack. "Submit." He growls and honestly, it feels like he was tickling me. I smirk at his lack of authority. "Your attitude toward me and coming late to your training has been reported to my dad. He wants to see you after training but, for now, I'll give you a pre-punishment before my dad does the rest. Kael!" He called someone and he smirks while I mentally scoff. Coward. Always using his 'daddy card'.

Oh, how I love to wipe that smirk off his face. Permanently.

'You know we can, right?' Diane suggests, which is not a bad idea but as if I could hear my mother's voice as she taught me chess. 

"See the movement and plan your attack. Take your time if you have to."

'No. Not now, not yet.' I said to Diane as I grit my teeth, trying to be as patient as my mother. 

Kael is our instructor in the fighting and our Third in command. He's the best and I often sparring with him a few times, whether it was for my training or for punishment. 7 years ago, Robert commanded him to beat me up in a fight as a punishment for running late. At that time I was still learning and Kael was and still is a muscular person and also our great warrior. He barely speaks to anyone, even Robert but he will speak when he needs to.

Kael jogged toward us and raise an eyebrow, asking him 'what do you want rather than 'yes sir?'. Chase noticed it too but he shook it off, probably knew he can't beat him until he becomes the Alpha. "Sparr with her, until one of you fall or drop dead." He smirked again and turned to look at one of his friends. "And why don't you join them, Jasper?"

Jasper, our future Beta cracked his knuckles. "Sure. I don't want to miss kicking her ass." he said and rolled his shoulders. I almost laughed at his words. Last time I remember I had punched him and broke his nose at school when he insulted my parents. I know that the people start to forget that I was Alpha Stormrage's daughter and I know the fact that I'm mute which they probably think that I'm weak but that doesn't mean I can't snap. Calling me with names, I don't mind but insulting my parents, spreading lies about my parents and calling my dad weak has crossed the line. So when Jasper crossed it, I snapped and end up breaking his hand and leg. I wish he wasn't a werewolf so he couldn't heal fast and stay with one hand and leg. But of course, my outburst has a price. Robert punished me with a silver whip and whipped me with it 100 times on my back for attacking our future Beta.

Future Beta my ass.

From the smirk and the sparks in his brown eyes, I know he wants some revenge but I'm not going to give him some. Hiding my own smirk, I rolled my shoulder and was ready for action.