chapter ninety three

Start from the beginning

"didn't make the best dressed list with that hat though, did we?" i muse, reaching to take it off but he quickly grabs my hand and keeps it in his while a waitress walks up to us looking slightly nervous.

"hey there, we have a reservation for two." ashton smiles politely at her.

"under what name, sir?" she asks but by the look on her face and the calum hood phone case she has that's poking out of her pocket, i think she already knows.

"irwin."

she nods quickly, "if you'd like to follow me, please." she says with a shaky voice but quickly clears her throat and moves towards a table in the back corner of the restaurant.

i can't help but notice the stares we're getting from people as we walk past, but it's understandable seeing as we did just walk in here with paps up our asses and are still watching from the window. to be honest, they're probably wondering who ashton even is to get that much attention, they look confused as hell.

"hey." i whisper to ashton to get his attention as we follow the waitress, "i bet you anything that you could make that girls day right now by hugging her, make some happiness in the world, irwin."

ashton sends me a surprised look which quickly turns into something i can't decipher and i subconsciously wipe my face, "what?"

he shakes his head with a small smile, "nothing, you just keep on amazing me."

i can't help the blush that rises to my cheeks as he says this, "well.. i uh, yeah i don't have a reply to that." i huff, fanning my face and thankfully we reach the table where i see ashton quickly thank the waitress before saying something that i don't catch while pulling her into a short hug which when he pulls back i see her with the biggest smile ever making me smile too.

we both get seated and as i skim the menu i realise that this place is a little fancier than i thought, for something that i would probably be able to get in mcdonald's but you know, a little, or maybe a lot less tasty is about $40.

"we can ditch and go to wendy's ash, seriously."

he looks up from the menu and frowns, "why? do you not like it here?"

"no, it's amazing but the prices-,"

"are you seriously telling me you're gonna turn down trying a fancy burger, or even just turning down any food offer?" he asks, raising an eyebrow and ultimately calling my bluff.

"dammit." i mutter, putting down the menu. "okay, no.. but still, i feel bad."

he copies my actions by putting his menu down, "don't feel bad, but if you do then just hook me up with free coffee's for a couple months."

"just a couple months? i'm gonna end up working in central perk forever. i'll be the female gunther." my eyes widen, "you'll still like me even if i stink of coffee, right?"

ashton smirks and picks his menu up again to hide his face, "i mean yeah but i doubt that's gonna be a problem."

"what?"

"are you ready to order?"

i jump a little at the waitress, not expecting her at all but send her a smile while telling her my order, ashton doing the same before she walked away to file our orders in.

"luke, calum or michael, who would you rather be handcuffed to for a day?"

ashton blinks at me, "random, but probably calum. he'd piss me off less."