Chapter 139

Daryl's pov

The journey back to the prison was thankfully a quiet one. After what happened, I think everyone knew I was pissed and was ready to snap at anyone who dared to open their mouth. Our only goal now was to get back to the prison and get the meds to our people. I just wished this car would go faster.

Soon enough, Michonne pulled up outside the prison gates. By the look of it, there didn't seem to be any walkers around the fences, which was a little strange considering how many there were when we left, but on the other hand it meant that Rick and Carl were able to quickly open the gate for us so I wasn't complaining.

Once through, Michonne drove up through the field and into the courtyard, where she parked the car and Tyreese jumped out.

"Sasha. How's Sasha?" He asked as Rick ran over to join us.

I then too got out of the car and looked at him. "I don't know. I'm sorry." Rick replied.

Tyreese's face dropped as the words left Rick's mouth.

"Well get in there. We got this." I nodded towards him and handed him one of the packs.

Tyreese nodded back and grabbed the bag to where he, Bob and Michonne took what was left in the car and took off towards A block, leaving Rick and I standing in the courtyard.

It was then I spotted the pile of bodies down the far side of the field.

Carl was already down there, dragging them onto a pile and, as I looked around, from the look of it, the fence must've come down and Rick and Carl had been the ones to take them all out.

All that went through my mind then was getting the fence back down and keeping everyone safe so I began making my way over.

"Daryl!" Rick called after me.

I stopped and turned to look at him. By the look on his face I knew something had happened. "I need to talk to you about-"

Then it hit me. I was so pissed about what had happened with Bob and getting the meds to our people she'd somehow managed to slip my mind. "Where's Lily?" The panic was already beginning to take over.

Rick didn't reply. Instead he glanced down at the floor and gulped. It was like he was trying to find the words.

"Is she-"

"No." Rick gulped. "I don't think so."

"What do you mean you don't think so?" Now I was really pissed and took an aggressive step towards him. "Where is she?"

"She got sick a couple hours after you left." He told me, raisinghis hands. It was then, something inside me froze as the words left Rick's mouth. "She went into A, bu...but there was gunfire. I don't know what went on. I sent Maggie ans Briana-"

I didn't even wait for Rick to finish what he was saying as I sprinted towards A. I knew I shouldn't have left her here. Why didn't I let her come? After everything she's been through with her dad and our baby, she needed me and I left her here. Now she's sick and all I can do is hope we're not to late.

I didn't hesitate as I ran into A to see Tyreese sitting on the ground with Sasha, giving her some meds. "Where's Lily?" I panted.

Tyreese and Sasha both looked over at me with saddened and exhausted faces. "Cell one hundred." Sasha gasped.

I nodded my thanks to Sasha and without any hesitation, I bolted up the stairs to see Hershal sat on a stool with Bob and Briana also in the cell.

I wasn't until I walked in that I saw her laying on the ground. She had a tube going down her throat and there was a trickle of blood down her cheek from her mouth. It was like I could feel my heart breaking seeing how still she was. I should've just took her with us then maybe this wouldn't be happening.