Chapter 59

I sat on the bags of sand for a few seconds just to catch my breath and regain myself over what had happened. I was only a few seconds from falling through the roof and being burned alive. I'd made it down and all I had to do was get back to the others and hope Carl got there safely.

I shuffled my way out of the crate and started limping away from the building as there was another loud crash. I turned around to see the whole roof collapse in on itself and another puff of smoke erupt as it did. It was a good thing I made it down when I did. Another minute and I'd be stuck, burning, under all that rubble.

As it continued burning I pulled out my knife and kept going. I couldn't go very fast because of the cut on my leg but as long as I kept to the road I'd be fine. From here, I knew how to get back to the camp. That was if the others weren't already on their way.

I kept walking, when all of a sudden, someone or something pulled me backwards, stopping me dead in my tracks. Then they covered my mouth with their hand and began dragging me backwards. All I could think was what if this was the Governor? What if they'd seen me and were just waiting for the right moment to pounce? What did they want?

I tried kicking backwards, but that wasn't working so I bit down hard on their hand. Sure enough, who ever they were let go and I was able to quickly turn around and point my knife towards them. "Who the hell are you?" I snapped as their face was covered by a mask. They didn't reply. Then, suddenly, another person came from the side, also with a mask, and took my knife from my hands before grabbing my gun. This then gave them the opportunity to hold my arms behind my back and continue dragging me where they wanted. "Let go of me!"

I kicked backwards again as my mum's amulet came out from under my shirt. I'd forgotten it was there. I'm just glad it hadn't come off back at the station or I'd have lost it. But as it flew out the one holding my weapons waved his hand to the one holding me. The one behind then let go and the other then handed me back both my knife and gun. I quickly slid the amulet back under my shirt and pointed my gun at the both of them.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked again as I put my knife back in my belt.

Neither of them replied but the person who first grabbed me began taking off his mask. The second person then did the same and as they reveled who they were it was like my heart skipped a beat.

I just stood in shock, looking at both men and I lowered my gun. I didn't know what to say and I guess they didn't either. Then the anger started building up inside me. After all this time and this is the reunion we get. Whether it was intended or they'd got the wrong person, I wasn't having it. I had to get back to the others.

Without a word, I shook my head and pushed past the both of them. I didn't want to look at them, let alone talk to them.

"Wait! You can't just leave." They called over. "Please, Lily let us explain!" They both ran and stood in front of me stopping me from going any further.

"No. Get out of my way! I have nothing to say to you! So if you don't mind, I'll be getting back to my group now! Don't follow me!" I spat and pushed passed them again.

Just as I finished speaking I put my gun back into my belt as I saw Daryl coming down the road followed by the rest of the group in the other cars. I waved my hand over to them as I got pulled backwards. "Lily, get behind me."

"Get off of me!" I snapped and walked around them as Daryl kicked the stand of his bike down and pointed his crossbow towards them. "Daryl."

"Lily." He sighed, dropping his crossbow on the ground and hugging me. "I got up and you were gone. T said you went on a run and when Carl got back he told us what happened." He whispered. "Why didn't you wait? Are you okay?" He hugged me again and started checking me for any bites or scratches.

"Daryl, I'm fine. Just a bit battered an bruised." I smiled. He just shook his head and picked up his crossbow again, aiming it at the two men as they took a step closer. "Hey, it's alright." I told him and lowered the crossbow. Daryl just looked at me and nodded.

Then I spotted Briana darting out of one of the cars storming towards the two men. "You have got to be kidding me! You have the nerve!" She yelled and I quickly grabbed her before she could take a swing. "You left me for dead. You took everything and left me with nothing. Peri didn't make it because of you ass holes."

Guilt was plastered all over their faces but Briana stopped as everyone began getting out of the cars and Carl ran over. "Lily!" He cried and hugged me. "Your leg. Who are these people?"

"It's just a small cut. Don't worry about it. You did good." I smiled. "And this...This is my dad and my neighbour Norman."

Carl eyed the two men that stood before him and then went running back to Rick. Daryl's face dropped. "He was in the photo. I recognise him." Daryl looked over to my dad and I nodded.

"What photo?" My dad asked.

I looked back over at Daryl as he handed me my bag and I pulled out the wedding photo. "Recognise this? Because you clearly couldn't recognise your own daughter." I showed him the picture.

"Where did you get that?" He spat and looked over at Norman. He then tried to reach for the photo but I was quicker. I pulled it away before he could grab it.

I turned around and looked over at Hershal who was stood with Beth, Maggie and Glenn. "My godfather...Hershal...You know, the one you never told me about. He gave it to me. He also gave me this." I pulled the amulet from under my shirt. "I know everything but it's not like you'd care."

"Of course I do, I..." My dad started to speak but then stopped as he looked behind me and over to Hershal. His eyes widened at his old school friend whilst Norman just stood and didn't say a word. All he did was smirk when he looked at me.

Daryl then walked over towards the others and I could just about hear him telling the them who I was talking to. I just wanted answers. Why my dad did what he did? Why he kept Hershal from me? Why he and Norman ambushed me? Why he left Briana?

"Hershal told me about why you fell out. Was it that much of a big deal you felt you had to cut him out of your life. Out of my life. Maggie is your god daughter and Hershal's my god father. Were family...He kept me safe on his farm till it got overrun. Said it's what you would've wanted. He let me keep your wedding photo and mum's amulet. To me, that's someone who regrets what he did and wants to make it right." I sighed and made my way over to Daryl and the others. Hershal still hadn't noticed his old friend standing there.

Once there, Daryl wrapped his arm around me so that his hand was sitting on my waist. "Is everything alright?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked back at both my dad and Norman before turning back to the group. "Yeah."

"Do you want them to stay?" Rick questioned looking over at them.

I looked over at Rick and then down at the ground. I didn't know the answer to that question. "I don't know. All this time I thought I wanted my dad back, but seeing him now I'm not sure." I shook my head. "They attacked me, unprovoked, before you showed up and what they did to Briana. Her sister died because of it."

"So what do you want to do?" Lori asked.

Before I could answer, we all turned to look as my dad as he began to approach us. "Look, Lils, I know I haven't been much of a father over the past couple years, but believe it or not, I was crushed when we lost you and Ty-" He stopped and looked around at us all. "Where's Tyler?"

If I remember correctly, my dad was very fond of Tyler and it was him and Briana that got us together in the first place. "You tell me!" I snapped. "He abandoned me. Left when we first found this group."

He pouted and rolled his eyes. "And you just let him leave?"

"It's complicated. Tyler was only out for himself. You wouldn't understand even if I told you. You never do!" I yelled. I didn't want to tell him about Sophia. It wasn't any of his business.

Daryl then pulled on my arm to get me away as Norman walked over and whispered something to my dad. Norman was never normally this quiet unless he was planning something.

What was he up to?