Chapter 121

After leaving Briana with Hershal, Daryl took my bag from me and lead the way out of the cell block. He'd had to hide his bike towards the back of the prison for when the Governor came so we had to go get it before we could leave.

Once we had, he handed me his crossbow, just like old times, and I climbed on. He then quickly drove down to the others where Michonne took my bag from Daryl and put it into the car. The whole thing taking us only around ten minutes, but each minute was another minute wasted and more time for the Governor to regroup and come back.

"We all good?" Daryl asked as I climbed off of the bike and Michonne put the last of our supplies into the car.

"Yeah." Michonne nodded. "No matter what happens, he's already dead."

Both Daryl and I agreed as the three of us stood silently waiting for the others. It wasn't until then that I noticed Carl sitting on one of the benches on the other side of the courtyard, Rick crouched down in front of him.

I knew Carl wasn't happy about being left behind. He wore the same pissed expression that Briana did. The both of them just wanted to come along to help kill the Governor, but as for Briana, she could barely stand and as for Carl, he's still a kid. It's easy to forget that, even though sometimes he can be a lot smarter than us adults. It makes me wonder if growing up in this world was easier for them than it was for the rest of us having to adapt to it.

"Rick." Glenn's voice broke me from my thoughts. I turned round to see both him and Maggie heading towards us. As they did, Rick left Carl and came over to join us.

"We're staying." Glenn spoke up again, once Rick reached us. "We don't know where the Governor is. If he comes back, we'll hold him off."

"Just the four of us?" Daryl asked, glancing back and forth between both Maggie and Glenn. They both nodded. "Alright." He then nodded and headed back to his bike.

"I appreciate you staying." Rick turned back to Glenn, giving him a grafeful bow of his head before getting into the car with Michonne.

As he did, I nodded at them both. "Be safe." They then returned the gesture.

Not wanting to waste anymore time, I hopped back onto the bike, behind Daryl as some of the others came from the cell block to help Maggie and Glenn clear the walkers from the fence. Once they had, both Maggie and Glenn both pulled the gate open for us where they then closed it again as we made our way through.

We then drove thriught the field and out of the prison onto the road. Other than the sound of our own engines, it was quiet. Quieter than I expected it to be. I assumed if the Governor had stopped to round up his people, I wouldn't have expected them to stop to far away.

Sure enough, we didn't have to go far before we came across the Woodbury trucks, but something didn't sit right with me. Surely if this was them stopping to regroup, they'd have heard us coming. They would've shot us up already and killed us. They hadn't.

Daryl must've been thinking the same as he tensed beneath my arms as he bought the bike to a stop and kicked the stand down. That's when I saw the bodies piled towards the front of the first truck.

I climbed off of the bike and handed Daryl his crossbow as Rick and Michonne climbed out of their car. The four of us then moving together as we approached what looked to be a slaughter.

Daryl was the first to fire as one of the bodies began moving and stood up. He killed it instantly with an arrow to the head and Michonne then put another down with her sword. Both Rick and I using our knives to put down another couple who began to turn.

That was until we all jumped at the sound of a loud bang up against the door window where Daryl was standing. I spun round to see a woman pressing her hands against the glass inside the truck.