Chapter 40

I walked into the living room and sat down in the chair opposite the kitchen. Not to long after Maggie walked out of Beth's room and into the kitchen where Andrea walked out a few minutes after and shot a disgusted look in my direction. I couldn't care less what she thought of me but I know it's best not to retaliate and stoop to her level.

I just watched as she walked out of the house closing the door behind her. I didn't want to leave the house in the state Beth's in but I wanted to go find Daryl, Briana and Hershal. Hershal needed to be here but I found myself sitting and constantly glancing over and out of the window.

After a while Maggie came and sat next to me. She was clearly worried. "Is Beth okay?" I asked.

"She seems to be. We just have to wait for my daddy to get back." She nodded. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah." I nodded, turning my full attention to her.

"I think I love Glenn." She told me. "I don't know what to do."

I looked at her and smiled. I think everyone's noticed that, lately, they're never apart. They both trust each other and there's definitely something there between them. "I think you should follow your heart but why are you telling me?" I giggled.

Maggie shrugged her shoulders and looked over towards Beth's bedroom door. "I don't know. You're family and it's not like I can talk to my dad or Beth. It's just something to keep my mind occupied, I guess. I'm gonna go check on Beth. I can't leave Andrea with her all day. Do you want to come?" She asked.

"Andrea's not in there." I told her as I remember her leaving a little while after Maggie.

"What?" Maggie quickly jumped up.

"Yeah. I didn't think anything of it. She walked out a few minutes after you." I nodded and quickly followed her into the bedroom. Beth wasn't there. "Where is she?"

"Beth?" Maggie called out and got not reply.

Then we heard crying coming from her bathroom which was followed by the sudden sound of glass smashing. Both Maggie amd I immediately stopped what we were doing and ran to the bathroom door. It was locked so I quickly began searching for the key in the draws.

As I did Lori came and stood in the door way. "Maggie?" She questioned.

"She is in there. We heard glass." Maggie replied banging on the door, trying to force it open. "Don't do this Beth. Don't do this. Open the door please...I left her with Andrea." She continued and turned to look at Lori. She then joined me searching through the draws and went back to the door.

Andrea was such a little bitch. If she's suicidal, it doesn't mean everyone else has to be. Even with what happened in the kitchen, how can she be so cold hearted as to leave Beth in her room on her own knowing what she might do.

Lori was still standing in the door way as I spotted pole that was near the fireplace. I quickly grabbed it and made my way back over. "Open the door Beth. I'm not mad. I'm not mad." Maggie banged on the door again.

"Watch out." I walked towards the door and I jammed the pole into the crack next to the handle and started to break the door open, forcing it from the hinges. Sure enough the door swung open and Beth was staring at the broken pieces of the mirror. The shards of glass all on the floor and in the sink.

She slowly turned around and looked at us. Her wrist was all cut open and blood was poring out. "I'm sorry." She sobbed as her other hand covered her wrist.

Maggie rushed in and put her arm around Beth where she started to lead her out as the front door opened. Daryl and Briana came through and Hershal followed on in behind them. Maggie then lead Beth over to Hershal and the three of them disappeared into the kitchen.

Daryl walked over to me and pulled me into a hug as I saw Maggie angrily swing open the front door. I then glanced put of the window to see Andrea making her way towards the house. I immediately separated myself from Daryl and went out after Maggie.

"Where were you?" I heard Maggie shout.

I looked at Andrea who was running up the driveway towards us. "I heard, is she alright?" Andrea panted.

"She would be if you would have stayed with her! Where were you?" Maggie snapped.

"How bad?" Andrea spoke again avoiding Maggie's question.

"It went deep." I muttered, still pissed with her.

A smile appeared on Andrea's face. "She wants to live. She made her decision." She addressed looking pretty pleased with herself.

"She tried to kill herself." I yelled.

"No, she didn't." Andrea addressed again.

"My father is stitching her writsts, right now." Maggie spat.

"She'll live." Andrea muttered and went to walk passed Maggie to go inside to Beth. Maggie stood in her way and stopped her from taking another step, getting any closer.

"Stay away from her. From both of us and don't you dare step foot inside this house again." Maggie announced.

Andrea stood shicked for a moment before she nodded. She just looked at me as if asking for help but I shook my head slightly and watched as she walked away. Above it all I didn't even notice that Lori had walked out to join us and was stood behind me.

"I'm not going to say she's right, but Beth has made her choice. She wants to live and now she knows it. Sometimes you have to cross the line." Lori stepped up to defend Andrea. Maggie raised her eyebrows before she shook her head and went back inside.

Just as I was about to head back inside I spotted the pan and brush on the porch. I thought it'd be best to clear up the broken glass in Beth's room just in case she tried anything, like she has, again.

I picked up the pan and brush and headed back into the house and into Beth's room where Daryl was still standing. He looked at me and then into the bathroom. The shards of broken glass were all over the floor and each individual piece had to be taken out of the sink. It took a while but with Daryl's help we were able to throw away the shards and clear everything up.

Once we were done we both headed back to the camp hand in hand, knowing that Beth was in safe hands with Hershal and Maggie.