Chapter 94

Hershal finished cleaning and stitching my side and washed his hands with a towel. "I'm glad you're safe, Lily." He smiled. "It's not been the same without you."

"I am too. If it wasn't for Daryl, I don't know what would've happened." I smiled back, letting a small huff of a laugh escape my lips.

"You know, Daryl, he..." Hershal stopped and looked over at me. I think he was expecting me to shut him down like I'd done so many time before. I didn't. I just nodded for him to go on. "He was different. It was like losing you bought him up to a reality check."

"What do you mean?" I smiled, not understanding where he was going with this.

"He missed you. I think he figured that you'd be running round after the baby so that's what he did. He did whatever he could to take his mind off of you. We could all see it." He smiled. He wasn't wrong. I'd do whatever I could to save that baby. "One morning I caught him walking out of the cellblock and out into the woods. He didn't know I was there. But when he got back he went over to your grae and placed a flower on too. If that doesn't show you how much you mean to him..."

Hershal then stopped again as Rick came into the cell to be followed by Daryl. I couldn't help but blush as I looked over at Daryl. A small smirk then creeped up onto my lips and I had to look away to stop myself from laughing. I knew what they wanted. They wanted me to go with them to speak to this woman. I wasn't gonna argue. I wanted to know who she was as much as everyone else.

I thanked Hershal and followed both Rick and Daryl over to the common room, where Daryl opened the gate. Both Rick and I then walked through, Daryl following in after me. The woman now sitting on the ground looking back at us.

"We can tend to that wound for you, give you a little food and water and then send you on your way." Rick told her with his hand hovering over his gun. "But you're gonna have to tell us how you found us and why you were carrying formula?"

We all stopped for a moment as Hershal hobbled in on his crutches. The silence didn't last long. As the woman answered Rick's questions I went over to help Hershal, being careful not to rip any of the stitches. "The supplies were dropped by a young Asian guy with a pretty girl."

I instantly stopped dead in my tracks and thought of Glenn and Maggie. It had to be them. "What happened?" I almost yelled, turning round to now face the woman. "Were they attacked?"

"They were taken-" She started to say.

"Taken? By who?" Rick interrupted her.

She turned her nose up at Rick and looked down at her leg. "By the same son of a bitch who shot me."

Rick wasn't having any of it. "Hey, these are our people. You tell us what happened now!" He slapped her leg and she winced out in pain.

She batted his arm away and Daryl pointed his crossbow at her head. It was all a bit over the top and unnecessary. "Don't you ever touch me again!" She spat.

"You better start talking." Daryl mumbled from behind his crossbow. "Or you're gonna have a much bigger problem than a gunshot wound."

"Find 'em yourself!" She growled lowering her finger she was pointing at Rick, staring daggers at Daryl.

I stepped forward and lowered Daryl's crossbow for him before stepping in front of Rick. "Put it down." I whispered softly to Daryl as I turned to look back at the woman. She was looking straight back at me. Everyone then took a step back leaving just me and the woman stood facing one another, but I could sense that hands were still hovering over guns. Being all aggressive was one way if getting information, but in this case, it wasn't going to work. "You came here for a reason. We want to help." I smiled at her. "We don't know you and you don't know us. I get it. We've all been that odd one out in a new group of strangers, but I can promise you, we're good people. We just want to know where we can get them back."