Chapter 62

The two of us walked into the next room and away from the others. It was best to do it this way as I didn't really fancy answering any unwanted questuons. Not only that but with the way the majority of them were looking at me, I didn't want to unload my problems on them like I did Daryl.

"What do you need?" He asked. He was trying to be polite but I could clearly see he didn't want to talk.

"I was hoping you could take a look at something for me." I told him and sat down, pointing at the rag around my leg. Just being off of my feet took a bit of the pressure away. "It happened back at that gas station when I climbed out of the sky light. I cut it on some glass but since we've got here, it's been painful to walk on. I think it might be infected or something."

"Let me take a look." Hershal nodded and knelt down to examine my cut a bit closer. Even his gentle touch made me flinch and he clearly saw that. He then carefully removed the rags to see the wound. "You're definitely dealing with an infection. If we don't treat this now, you could either lose your leg or you could die." He sighed and stood up.

A lump formed in my throat and I shuddered at the thought of having my leg cut off. For some reason the dying part didn't bother me. It would mean that I could stop the pain I was causing by being here. Then again I wanted to be here to protect those who I still love. I couldn't just leave them. "Can you treat it?" I shook hopefully.

Hershal didn't answer. He just left the room and left me sitting in the chair. He then came back a couple minutes later with the bag of medical supplies that Carl and I had found. "Lucky enough for you, you got the supplies I need to treat it." Hershal nodded placing the bag on the table next to me.

I then watched as he pulled out a box of painkillers, a needle and a sewing needle, a bottle with some antibacterial liquid in it, thread and a gause. I knew exactly what was going to happen and I knew it was going to hurt like hell but I didn't have a choice. It had to be done or I'd lose it.

Hershal raised my leg onto another chair and I took a deep breath as he filled a quarter of the needle with another bottle of liquid he'd taken from the bag. He then put the lid back on the bottle and bottle in the bag before turning back to me.

The next thing I fet was the tiny metal point pierce my skin and stick into the area just below my knee. I immediately squeezed the seat of the chair as hard as I could and grit my teeth trying not to scream out. It was just as I predicted, hell.

As I regained myself I noticed Hershal rummaging through the bag. He then headed towards the draws and began searching through them. Leaving me in the dark he then walked back round to the others before returing with a dark blue hankerchief. He carefully folded it, joining the corners, and unscrewed the lid of the anibacterial liquid. I then caught onto what he was doing and knew this was going to be worse than the needle.

I was right. I closed my eyes and my leg was burning. It felt like it was on fire. All that was going through my mind was this or no leg, this is no leg, this is no leg.

"Almost done, Lily. I just need to stitch the cut closed and bandage it." Hershal tried to comfort me.

I didn't reply. I just nodded my head and waited for the next part of torture to begin. Almost immediately, I felt the sewing needle pierce my skin multiple times but it wasn't as painful as the antibacterial stuff. It still stung like a bitch though.

With one last pull Hershal cut the rest of the thread and covered it with a bandage. After the torture of having it cleaned and stitched it felt a lot better than it did. It was definitely better than losing it. "Thank you." I gasped, catching my breath. "Look, I'm sorry for how I've acted these past couple of days. I was out of order this morning." I apologised.

"It's not me you need to apologise to." He nodded showing that he accepted.

"I know." I understood.

"You need to keep your leg elivated for a little while longer. You keep it clean and don't do anything too straining then it should heal up in the next couple of days." He told me and started to clear away all of the medical supplies, leaving the pain killers on the table. "Here." He offered them to me.

I took one out and grabbed a bottle of water, quickly taking the pill. The next thing I wanted to do was rejoin the others, at the least try and stand up. I used the back of the chair to balance myself as I placed my foot on the ground and stood up. I could already feel the difference. The sharp shooting pain wasn't as strong but it was still there. It's like Hershal said, it'll take at least a couple of days before it heals up completely.

I stood there for a second longer and just as I was about to walk out of the room my dad appeared infront of me. I just stood there as he went to smile but then stopped. "Hershal said you needed to talk."

My dad just stood there as he waited for me to reply. Hershal had thrown me under the bus with this one, but the least I could do for both him and my dad was to get to the bottom of what happened and apologise. "Yeah." I sat back down in the chair. My dad then did the same sitting in the one next to me. "I'm sorry, about what happened. I think it's safe to say I over reacted about what Norman said."

My dad shook his head and chuckled. "And what did Norman say?"

"He told me that it was your idea to rig that explosion. That he suggested that you go back for Briana and Peri, to look for me and Tyler but you refused." I stopped to prepare for the part. The part which hurt the most. "He said that you told him I was a dead cause. That you'd wished I'd never been born." I stopped again as I could feel the tears beginning to prick my eyes. "I'm sorry. I've been a terrible daughter. What would mum think? With everything that's happened. What we've been through. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry."

"Lils." He sighed sympathetically and put his arm around me. "I didn't say any of those things. You do know that it's the other way round, right?" He stopped. I didn't understand. "Norman changed after the boat. I don't know why, but he did. All that comes out of his mouth anymore is a lie. It's like you said, with everything we've been through, I'd never say something like that. You were the one person that got me through your mother's death. If it wasn't for you, I'd be wondering around as just another corpse...You're my daughter and I love you with every last piece of me."

He then took my hands in his and squeezed them. Having had my dad by my side through out my life, I know when he's lying. This wasn't one of those times and it only made me feel all the more guilty for what I'd done.

I think my dad saw that as the next thing he did was pull us into a hug and I didn't hesitate to hug him back. "But you kniw, for a girl, you do have a good right hook." He joked. I couldn't help but smile as we seperated and stood up, heading back into the living room.

Norman was still smugly sat in the corner and now with what I know, he's here to cause trouble. He wasn't part of this group. As far as I knew, he was a stranger. Just another version of Shane and I needed everyone else to see that.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Hey!!

I just though I would apologise for the lack of updates recently. This is because I have been going back through and editing some of the chapters in hopes of improving them. I have also tried adding some pictures to help with the story that I have either made or found.

I hope that you are enjoying the story so far and feel free to leave a comment or vote.

Georgia ♥