Chapter 133

Walking hand in hand, Daryl and I made our way through the tombs to join Hershal for the council meeting. We needed what ever we could take to take our minds off of what'd happened.

Once we arrived, we walked in to see Hershal, Briana, Carol, Glenn and Michonne already inside. They were all already gathered around the table and as Daryl and I both sat down, I looked over at Hershal to see a sympathetic but disapproving look on his face. I knew why. He wanted me to be taking it easy, but I couldn't just sit around in a cell all day, thinking of what could've been. I needed to do something, and if stopping someone else having to go through whay my dad did, then this was where I wanted to be.

"It's spread." Hershal eventually started, knowing I wasn't going to leave. "Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D, Sasha, Caleb and now others."

"So what do we do?" Carol asked.

"First things first. Cell block A is isolation." He replied. "We keep the sick people there. Like we tried with the others."

"What he hell we gonna do about them?" Daryl then asked, glancing over at me and giving my hand a squeeze.

Everyone went quiet as Daryl's question hovered in the air for a moment. That was before Carol spoke up, looking over at me with sad eyes. I didnt need all the pity. "We'll ask Rick to look into it. Try to make a time line of who's where and when." She said. "But what are we gonna do to stop this?"

"There is no stopping it. You get it, you have to go through it." Hershal replied.

"But it just kills you?" I asked. My voice barely above a whisper as I remembered how sick it made my dad before someone killed him.

Hershal just turned to face me. "The illness doesn't. The symptoms do. We need antibiotics."

I nodded slightly and looked around the room. This whole situation was just making me feel uncomfortable. I couldn't concentrate. All I kept thinking about was my dad and my baby. I didn't need all the pity and sympathetic looks everyone was giving me.

That was when something caught my eye. It was my dad. He was behind Hershal, leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed.

I instantly began to feel the tears building in my eyes. I couldn't cry. I wouldn't. Not here. Not in front of the others.

Instead I closed my eyes and squeezed Daryl's hand to try and control myself. In doing that, I then took a few deep breaths and opened my eyes again to see that my dad was no longer standing behind Hershal. He was gone and I was still here. Daryl on the other hand was just staring at me with a worried look on his face as the others continued the conversation.

"They've been through every pharmacy near by." Briana said.

The room then went silent as what Briana had said bought us to the reality of the situation. Without antibiotics, those who were sick were gonna die.

"That veterinary collage at West Peachtree Tech." Hershal spoke up, breaking the silence. "That's one place people may not have thought to raid for medication. The drugs there are the same we need."

"That's fifty miles." Daryl said, glancing over to look at me. "Too big a risk before. Ain't now. I'm gonna take a group out. Best not waste any more time." He then stood up and pulled his crossbow over his shoulder, letting go of my hand.

Michonne then also stood up. "I'm in." She volunteered.

"You haven't been exposed. Daryl has. You get in a car with him." Hershal began to say.

"He's already given me fleas." She replied, which caused most people to chuckle. All apart from Daryl and I.

Hershal then nodded. "I can lead the way. I know where everything's kept."