Chapter 52

Daryl's pov

Once Lily and I had finished putting the tent up I made my way into the house to catch up with Rick. In honour of Dale we were going to let Randall loose but this time he wanted me with him and not Shane. I don't say I blame him after the last time. I don't think anyone does.

I made my way into the house to walk in on everyone all in the living room unpacking their things. For me, there were too many people in one place so I'm glad I set up outside when I did. Id feel way tp claustrophobic. Not only that but me, Lily and Shane under one roof was never going to work.

"Daryl." Rick suddenly said from behind. I turned around and sure enough he was stood behind me holding a map. "Lets go outside."

"Alright." I nodded and followed him back out.

We walked round to the side porch where Rick rested the map on the banister. Lily was no where to be seen. I'd only left her a few minutes ago and in that time she'd gone but after what happened last time I don't think she would've gone far without saying anything to someone.

I let it slide as Rick began talking. "I was thinking we take him out to Senoia. Hour there, hour back, give or take. We may lose the light, but we'll be half way home by then."

It was a good plan. "This little pain in the ass will be a distant memory. Good riddance."

"Carol's putting together some provisions for him. Enough to last him a few days." Rick stopped. "That thimg you did last night-"

"Ain't no reason you should do all the heavy lifting." I interrupted. Dale meant a lot to us all and it was clear to everyone Rick couldn't find the strength do it. I couldn't let him suffer.

"So are you good with all this?" He asked as he folded up the map.

"I don't see you and I trading haymakers on the side of the road. Nobody'd win that fight." I joked and Rick nodded. "I'm gonna go take a piss." Rick nodded again and I made my way into the house and upstairs into the bathroom.

I did what I needed to and made my way back downstairs and out of the house to find Rick heading over towards the barn. Our supplies sitting on the porch. "Daryl, sir." Beth, the young farmers daughter approached me. "Rick asked me to tell you that he'll be back in a moment."

"Alright. Thanks." I nodded and she walked over to Jimmy, who was hammering some boards into the windows. I have to say after what she did, she seems to just be getting on with her life. That's a good thing. I know Lily cares a lot for her and her family.

As she began her work I started moving our supplies into the bed of the truck, placing a few extra arrows with them. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to carve some more as lately, I've been a bit thin on the ground.

It wasn't too long before I spotted Rick walking back up from the barn. "You ready?" He called over and Tdog joined us by the truck.

"Yeah." I nodded and placed my crossbow over my shoulder as he stopped next to me.

"I'll get the package." Tdog offered and began walking towards the shed.

"Thanks." Rick nodded and turned to me. "We'll just tie him up in the back. He won't be able to see or hear anything. We'll see if he gets out."

"Alright. This asshole's caused too much-"

"Rick!" Tdog called, from over at the shed, interrupting me.

Immediately, Rick began running over with me close behind. "What's wrong?"

"He's gone." Tdog called back and went back inside the shed.