chapter eighty one

Beginne am Anfang

"cal? what are you-,"

"that's trace." he mumbles, "why's he trying to get upstairs?"

my eyes harden on him as calum says that. "trace the asshole you said about who was messing with ellie?"

calum hums in reply, before slowly walking past me and over to them where trace is getting more annoyed at the coffee guy.

"there a problem?" calum asks, sizing up trace and winning in the height department as he crosses his arms and stares down at him.

"lather rinse, repeat-,"

"nothing that concerns you," trace sneers before turning back to the guy who's name i can now see is gunther from his name tag. "just let me upstairs, for fucks sake."

gunther gulps, "i can't do that."

"and lather, rinse, repeat-,"

"yeah, so just leave him and everyone else you're bothering alone." calum  defends gunther,  making him look a little more relieved but not any less terrified.

"wait, you're in that band.." trace suddenly laughs. "you here to fuck ellie too? i just wanted to have a word with her but have-,"

before i can even register what's happening, trace his holding his now bleeding nose as calum cracks his slightly cut knuckles.

did calum just punched someone in a public cafe where they all have phones to film this and are doing so right now? yes.

does he have any regrets? probably not.

despite being in obvious pain, trace grins manically before going to punch calum but calum quickly grabs his arm and tackles him to the ground.

"and lather, rinse- conflict! oh my god, stop the conflict!" the lady at the front squeals.

"calum!" i shout, pulling him off of trace and looking around the place for anyone to help.

my eye only caught the woman who was singing that shower song and she just runs over anyway and apparently recognises trace as she kicks him in the balls making my eyes widen and protectively put my hand in front of mine.

"that's what you get for being a dick, dick!"

calum wipes his hand over his slightly red lip- which makes me smirk a bit, he gets in a small fight and all he gets is a busted lip while trace has a bloody nose and bruised face. owned him.

"yeah, dick." calum practically growls, "leave ellie the fuck alone."

the blonde lady looks up, "you punched him for ellie?"

we both look at her, "uh, well i punched him because he was being an asshole but yeah for ellie. you know her?"

"practically her aunt." the lady then smiles, holding her hand out and subtly kicking trace again as she stepped over him. "i'm phoebe."

we shake her hand and introduce ourselves before gunther passes us out coffee's but a cookie too- apparently that's all being tough gets you.

"you guys going up to see her?" phoebe asks curiously.

"we were going to after we got our drinks." i reply as she picks up her things. "wait, we just leaving that asshole on the floor?"

she just shrugs, batting the subject off. "gunther will deal with it."

the bell signalling the door opened chimed again, none of us paying attention as calum picked up phoebe's tambourine for her.

"yeah we'll just grab some food then go- what the fuck?"

we look up and see ellie and ashton hand in hand looking between trace who is holding a tissue to his face in the other corner and us with phoebe, to say they look confused is an understatement.

"calum, what the hell happened to your face?" ashton exclaims, pulling ellie along with him as she stares at trace almost terrified and hides in his side.

calum hesitates before biting back a grin, shaking the tambourine. "i just... i just got really into the shower song."

/-/

A/N

so this would have been published an hour earlier but 5sos decided that they'd do the livestream, but it broke. so then there was a twitcam, then they stopped after 10 minutes. so then i decided fuck the band i like fictional them better (i joke) (i think)

SO WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE SONG FROM SOUNDS GOOD FEELS GOOD?!?!?!

ALSO IF YOU'RE GOING TO SOUNDS LIVE FEELS LIVE COMMENT WITH YOUR SHOW! I'M GOING TO THE BRIGHTON (UK) SHOW AND THEN CINCINNATI TO MEET THE AMAZING argentwarrior AND I COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED